[Confirmed] PP Post-Work Permits to be enforced by MOI & MOL

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: [Confirmed] PP Post-Work Permits to be enforced by MOI &

Post by OrangeDragon »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Education ain't everything.

You can be the smartest man in the world and still not be able to control the people.
To a basic point it is... especially if you're educated in political sciences, when dealing with politics.

If he were successfully controlling the people the news for this last year would have sounded much differently. Previous generations who just really never even thought about rocking the boat heavily... maybe. But now? With all of the young people with fresh ideas? I think he's in for an upset still.

Though honestly I think the opposition taking their seats was their best move... it lets them start "showing" instead of "talking" to some degree. And because of it I think we'll see a more gradual shift overall for the lower ranked guys, but for sure enough to see him out.

Of course, when I said that 2 years ago the CNRP was going to give him a run for his money and possibly win (in this last election) I got told off much the same.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

OrangeDragon wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Username Taken wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:Everyone keeps giving him a lot of credit for being some grand thinker...
He's not credited with being a grand thinker! He is said to be one of the best strategists in the game/politics/world.
^ this.

He knows what he is doing and he ain't afraid to play dumb to achieve his objective.
The uneducated don't often do well as strategists against the educated. we'll see how it turns out, but i think WAY too much credit is given.
Fuck Me ! ! !

You've been here two years now and learned nothing.
You mean, you've never noticed that the Iron Man has been in power since, like, day one. A long time. How did he do that?
Lack of education is irrelevant here.

More eyes than a pineapple. Think about it. There's a reason why he always wins and will continue to win as long as he wants.
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:You are remembering correctly. It might have been a law, but it was little known and there was no pay to actually obtain the proper documentation even if you wanted to, so it's extremely stupid to start asking for backdating now.
Right. The prakas require:
  • 3 sets of Application Form as issued by the Ministry of Interior.
    Attached with passports or any equivalent documents with proper visa.
    3 Photographs (4x6), taken in the front without hat and glasses.
    Certificate of Health from a physician of the immigrant country, and written work contract.
    Insurance policy issued by employer or any insurance companies.
    Fees for temporary work permit.
Requiring a written work contract would seem to require a job. I wonder if they've changed the regulations now?
Dara
Expatriate

Post by Dara »

and would one have to return to wherever?

physician of the immigrant country.........
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Well, guess I won't waste a trip back to PP for the 6-month visa. Since I am not a business person, and don't meet the last three requirements, I guess I am out of luck for long-term residency. And I do not want to have to do visa runs every 30 days, that's for sure. Cambodia just got less desirable, partly because of this news and partly because I'm already in the well developed (and painful) Thai system.

I noted there's a plan to set up regulations for retirees. Will certainly want to keep abreast of developments on this issue.

Thanks for the heads-up.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Dara wrote:and would one have to return to wherever?

physician of the immigrant country.........
they do the health checks here.

it's a good point on the other requirements... not sure which will be enforced though. likely they'll be more lax on that aspect due to the fact they're already sort of screwing the self/un employed.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

It will be funny to see when the immigration police come cracking down at English schools.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

After 10 plus years it would be funny to see them turn up on my door step asking to see my passport or even fill in a residency form, what ever it is. In fact I'm still waiting to pay the tax that is payable on all flats / houses over $??,000 . This tax law was bought in about 3 years ago.
As with most government officials who are underpaid, it's going to be easier for both parties just to say , fuck off, I'm busy today, here is $ ?? , come back tomorrow.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Posted on a Kampot/Kep Facebook group a few days ago:

...the Immigration visited or area about 4 days ago, retired person's require letter from the local commune chief stating that they don't work. Guess if you over a certain age they take this as gospel, yet to find out how much he charges but last time someone here had something signed off ( it was ref land change) he only charge 10000r. $60 bucks a year for retired plus usual bits and pieces. As a certain person in kampot has spread a tall tale that i have a list of everybody in kampot who work don't work etc retired etc, please feel free to pm me if you like further direction on this, as to those who are moaning about the new taxes why don't you pop down to the tax office at lunch time, when no body is there. Just read the new system as of Jan next year which is displayed in Khmer and English.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Kampot is full or weirdos... They've got barangs hungry for paperwork and instead of letting the dust settle and THEN pay, they go out and start paying every official they can. Don't believe everything you see posted there.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic