Not really interested in drinking anymore

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Not really interested in drinking anymore

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Approaching three months without a drink which is a PB. Some records should never be broken.
nightmare.believer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by nightmare.believer »

CambodiaHockeyLeague wrote:Somebody seriously needs to crosscheck this motherfucker in the face.

Come down to the tennis courts across from city villa every thursday at 7, we have exactly what you are looking for!
Are you talking to me?
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

nightmare.believer wrote:I fucking love drinking beer. (I drink no other alcohol ever). But I usually take long extended breaks from drinking the amber libation periodically (three to six months). I feel that this gives the body time to repair the damage done by drinking. Usually, when I do once again partake, I do so like a guy just out of prison going at a stipper. This time, however, I just didn't really enjoy drinking. I watched the Stanley Cup and had a few beers, but I didn't enjoy doing this. That is really fucking not in character. Anyone experience anything like this? What do you think?
Personally I'm a binge drinker, and feel like death for a few days after I drink heavily. I want to curb it and just go social. I've been able for the most part to keep it under 10 this year, but a few years I'd go on a binge and drink 20 - 30 in one long bout.

I know a guy that is an absolute alcoholic in the worst sense. The first thing he does when he wakes up in the morning is drink a beer... he needs one every couple hours. I'm not like this at all, I can go a long time without, and then I'm bored and just drink a whole lot.

The only thing that ever helped me was replacing the drinking activity with something else... Meditation or exercise generally works as a replacement as it gives the mind "that high".
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

what *I* don't get is WHY drinking in a country where good bud can be found at reasonable prices. My first buy in PP was KICKASS greenbud. Very tasty too. Since then, not quite as good but hell, in the early 70s I was stoned every day after work, woke up buzzed. An ounce of Columbian gold or red a week, JUST ME, only after work. I'd really never drink if I could get herb like that at home for a non stupid price. Lumbo red or gold was $35 an ounce. it's around that for a stupid 1/4 now. But no hangover, no fucked stomach lining, etc.
I can only figure it's the social lubricant.
Stoned to the bone ya just vege out and laugh occasionally when Roy Buchanan rips a good run.
Mooser
Expatriate

Post by Mooser »

I'm a Toronto maple leafs fan, you talk about a team that drives me to drink!!!!! :beer3: :Yahoo!:
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

I gave up drinking for 6 months Jan to summer 2012, to train for a 70 mile walk. I think I tend to drink to be sociable or because I am bored. I get bored with it, so might just abstain again. Although, the danger is there are 36 hours in every dry day, or so it seems
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

EdinWigan wrote:I gave up drinking for 6 months Jan to summer 2012, to train for a 70 mile walk. I think I tend to drink to be sociable or because I am bored. I get bored with it, so might just abstain again. Although, the danger is there are 36 hours in every dry day, or so it seems
I gave up for like 1 hour..... And then 8 years of collective hangovers caught up with me. I cured them with a beer or 12

westlake
Tourist

Post by westlake »

I love drinking beer more than breathing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic