Pulled off our moto by bag snatcher in Kep

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Pulled off our moto by bag snatcher in Kep

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i wish this thread was called something different...
"Pulled off" = handjob in British slang
:tophat:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Brewer
Expatriate

Post by Brewer »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:16 am i wish this thread was called something different...
I dunno, the OP has outed himself as a complete wanker so it's pretty apposite. :stir:
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

dangermousetherapy wrote:On Sunday afternoon my girlfriend was driving down the main road near Kep Market and I was sitting on the back with a shoulder bag. Three motos surrounded us and one guy attempted to snatch by bag but only succeeded in pulling us of our moto. Luckily I am just grazed and bruised but my girlfriend has hurt her knee quite badly and can hardly walk (we had a nurse friend take a look and it just bad bruising).

I never expected this to happen in Kep! We have lived here for a few months and always felt totally safe. Some local friends said there was another similar incident recently. Please remember to stash bags / purses when driving.
You have murders in Kep yet you never expected a bag snatching to happen in your little shithole......

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:16 am i wish this thread was called something different...
So, if I say in American English, "He pulled off a bank job," you would understand that to mean that he made a lot of money giving someone a handjob?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

that genius wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:08 am
dangermousetherapy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:03 pmI slightly regret joining this forum, it seems to be largely frequented by the type of ex-pats who are only here because they are too ugly to get laid back home, and too useless to make any real money. After a few years in "paradise" they start to realise that paying for sex with people who find you repulsive while drinking yourself to death does not make for such a joyous life, so they become bitter as fuck. I see the pitiful bastards waddling around everywhere spouting their resentful nonsense to any poor fucker who has the misfortune to be in their vicinity. Hopefully the Chinese will price them out and the visa rules will tighten up so it will just be flash-packing digital nomads such as myself drinking lattes and being massively smug on account of having "escaped" the rat race. :lol1: Times are changing.
Well, thanks for responding to an off-colour joke by one member by being a really superior wannabe arsehole yourself. The door is not locked.
OP has outed himself as the man-bun wearing type... This guy moved to Cambodia to smugly sip lattes... :dm:
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

kptic wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:33 am
that genius wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:08 am
dangermousetherapy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:03 pmI slightly regret joining this forum, it seems to be largely frequented by the type of ex-pats who are only here because they are too ugly to get laid back home, and too useless to make any real money. After a few years in "paradise" they start to realise that paying for sex with people who find you repulsive while drinking yourself to death does not make for such a joyous life, so they become bitter as fuck. I see the pitiful bastards waddling around everywhere spouting their resentful nonsense to any poor fucker who has the misfortune to be in their vicinity. Hopefully the Chinese will price them out and the visa rules will tighten up so it will just be flash-packing digital nomads such as myself drinking lattes and being massively smug on account of having "escaped" the rat race. :lol1: Times are changing.
Well, thanks for responding to an off-colour joke by one member by being a really superior wannabe arsehole yourself. The door is not locked.
OP has outed himself as the man-bun wearing type... This guy moved to Cambodia to smugly sip lattes... :dm:
Kind of ironic that he wants all the poor barangs gone, but the 'flash-packing digital nomad' was riding a motorcycle.

Ot mien loi?

The Porsche was obviously getting re-upholstered.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

watched a movie last night called "Barrio"
mentions that hipsters wants the off color of a barrio, but want all the homeless,locals, riff raff gone..
compare to Kampot, keep all the old shop fronts,the riverside but add in hipster joints (and the cool local places), cafes, places to hang with out the locales around and they'd all be there..
Gentrification
When "urban renewal" of lower class neighbourhoods with condos attracts yuppie tenants, driving up rents and driving out long time, lower income residents. It often begins with influxes of local artists looking for a cheap place to live, giving the neighbourhood a bohemian flair. This hip reputation attracts yuppies who want to live in such an atmosphere, driving out the lower income artists and lower income residents, often ethnic/racial minorities, changing the social character of the neighbourhood.
It also involves the "yuppification" of local businesses; shops catering to yuppie tastes like sushi resaturants, Starbucks, etc... come to replace local businesses displaced by higher rents.
they destroy what attracted them in the first place
sad
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

taabarang wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:25 am
So, if I say in American English, "He pulled off a bank job," you would understand that to mean that he made a lot of money giving someone a handjob?
I'd take it to mean that he robbed a sperm bank.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

taabarang wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:25 am
not really, because the context is different, your using "Pulled off" in the achievement sense, where as the OP is using it in the physical sense

the OP title you only have to move the word "by" from "Pulled off our moto by bag snatcher in Kep" to "Pulled off by our moto bag snatcher in Kep" for it to completely change the meaning
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

dangermousetherapy wrote: ↑Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:03 pm
I slightly regret joining this forum, it seems to be largely frequented by the type of ex-pats who are only here because they are too ugly to get laid back home, and too useless to make any real money. After a few years in "paradise" they start to realise that paying for sex with people who find you repulsive while drinking yourself to death does not make for such a joyous life, so they become bitter as fuck. I see the pitiful bastards waddling around everywhere spouting their resentful nonsense to any poor fucker who has the misfortune to be in their vicinity. Hopefully the Chinese will price them out and the visa rules will tighten up so it will just be flash-packing digital nomads such as myself drinking lattes and being massively smug on account of having "escaped" the rat race. :lol1: Times are changing.
champion trolling
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic