Man and his Car beaten badly #PublicJustice

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Man and his Car beaten badly #PublicJustice

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:20 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:29 am
John Bingham wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:31 pm Can anyone figure out the exact location? I can't find it on street view but that's from 2013 anyway. There's a lot of meth in that neighborhood near Preah Kossomak Hospital.

Edit, I just figured out it's the junction of 156 and 265.
yup here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@11.56287 ... 312!8i6656

its shocking though as the picture where the accident took place is at 260 3.4km away, no wonder he had such a huge mob chasing him on their bikes!!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/11.56 ... 09!3e0!5i1
The papers are saying it started in Russei Keo on NR5, so more like 7km or something.
this picture shows that the accident happened on street 260 which is 3.5km away from where the mob attack happened on 156/265
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:47 pm
John Bingham wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:31 pm Can anyone figure out the exact location? I can't find it on street view but that's from 2013 anyway. There's a lot of meth in that neighborhood near Preah Kossomak Hospital.

its shocking though as the picture where the accident took place is at 260 3.4km away, no wonder he had such a huge mob chasing him on their bikes!!

The papers are saying it started in Russei Keo on NR5, so more like 7km or something.
this picture shows that the accident happened on street 260 which is 3.5km away from where the mob attack happened on 156/265
Sure, the papers are saying the first accident was in Russei Keo on NR5.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:49 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Sure, the papers are saying the first accident was in Russei Keo on NR5.
maybe this guy was one who got knocked off during the chase, seems a strange route to take though
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
batshitcrazyweirdo
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by batshitcrazyweirdo »

Not at all. I think you think like a barang, Jamie. Facebook and others is what got him. Pretty much like not being able to out run the radio.
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

That was a crazy beating and I don't think it can be justified. Stopping him and giving him a few slaps while waiting for the police sounds reasonable, but stoving in his head is just savage. I understand the catch 22, but who says the mob will be calm if you do stop, especially if you believe the accident was not your fault? According to the PPP article, it was the fact that he disagreed that he was responsible that whipped the mob to a frenzy - where do you go from there?

The only way to change things is to apply the law equally, but since that's about as likely as HE quietly stepping down later this year, mob rule will continue.

Just out of interest, when the Swiss teacher failed to stop after an accident a few months ago and was eventually chased down, what saved his ass? Was it the fact he hadn't injured someone? Just shows how unjust mob rule is.
batshitcrazyweirdo
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Cambo Dear wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:11 pm That was a crazy beating and I don't think it can be justified. Stopping him and giving him a few slaps while waiting for the police sounds reasonable, but stoving in his head is just savage. I understand the catch 22, but who says the mob will be calm if you do stop, especially if you believe the accident was not your fault? According to the PPP article, it was the fact that he disagreed that he was responsible that whipped the mob to a frenzy - where do you go from there?

The only way to change things is to apply the law equally, but since that's about as likely as HE quietly stepping down later this year, mob rule will continue.

Just out of interest, when the Swiss teacher failed to stop after an accident a few months ago and was eventually chased down, what saved his ass? Was it the fact he hadn't injured someone? Just shows how unjust mob rule is.
I'll just assume you are not from Libya.

Mobs are inspirational and usually started by dumbasses.

How people get out of it is quite a big deal. It's called survival of the fittest.

The End
batshitcrazyweirdo
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

batshitcrazyweirdo wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:29 pm I dunno aboot all yer darknet. But I can tell you I have been mobbed 3 times.

It wasn't nice. I had to ............. defend myself. Twice in Pig Pen, once in Shitville.

Mobs are viscous, callous, n one thang on their mind. To fuckin hurt you bad, if not kill you.

It's no fucking easy subject around Cambo.

I've been stabbed multiple times, serious punches, Jamie, ya know, and really fucked up martial arts shit.

It hurts. Bad. But I hurt mf worse.

Stick yer mf mobs up yer butt.
Hey, listen here, John Bingham. You keep takin my god damn karma ova a real experiences and I'm gonna get pissed.

You think you own this site? Yer a karma without karma. Keep it up and I'll take every last karma you gotz!

Sort this asshole out, please, mods and admin.
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

batshitcrazyweirdo wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 pm
Cambo Dear wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:11 pm That was a crazy beating and I don't think it can be justified. Stopping him and giving him a few slaps while waiting for the police sounds reasonable, but stoving in his head is just savage. I understand the catch 22, but who says the mob will be calm if you do stop, especially if you believe the accident was not your fault? According to the PPP article, it was the fact that he disagreed that he was responsible that whipped the mob to a frenzy - where do you go from there?

How people get out of it is quite a big deal. It's called survival of the fittest.

The End
So blunt, so quirky, so witty, so insightful. I'll assume you couldn't find Libya on a map and certainly have never travelled there. It has one of the highest rates of fatalities per 100,000 inhabitants in the world - about 5 times higher than Cambodia and I never heard of mob justice resulting from an accident while I was there.
batshitcrazyweirdo
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Cambo Dear wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:00 pm
batshitcrazyweirdo wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 pm

The End
So blunt, so quirky, so witty, so insightful. I'll assume you couldn't find Libya on a map and certainly have never travelled there. It has one of the highest rates of fatalities per 100,000 inhabitants in the world - about 5 times higher than Cambodia and I never heard of mob justice resulting from an accident while I was there.
Well, I don't know when you were there, but I lived there fer a while. And mob justice was just a thang. Theft was not a good idea while I lived there. Just sayin.

I think you just haven't been around town. At all.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cambo Dear wrote:
I think if he had been aggressive back, it would have also ended badly for him as well.

He as at least very calm and wanted the police to come.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic