Man and his Car beaten badly #PublicJustice

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Man and his Car beaten badly #PublicJustice

Post by willyhilly »

The rich Khmers don't believe in insurance otherwise they wouldn't have a do a runner. Seeing the paving stone and rocks inside the car was pretty bad, the professor must have had serious head injuries.
Are the Police really going after the ring leaders of the mob? I certainly hope so, it's sickening stuff. The cowards never take on the real criminals of course, the filty rich and the corrupt politicians. They stage demos with photos of the boss and his wife-pathetic.
Let's see if the mob attack the big man when he comes to Australia or just burn photos.
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

wodering if politics has anything to do with this
note a bus hit and killed an old man on a moto recently no mob attack reported
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

(┛◉Д◉)┛ wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:18 am wodering if politics has anything to do with this
note a bus hit and killed an old man on a moto recently no mob attack reported
politics???

the mob attack happened because the driver did a runner after knocking 2 people off a bike,
he ended up being perused by 20 odd bikes of people for 3.5km until he crashed into the back of another car and the mob went to work

if he had of got out his car and dealt with the situation its likely there would have been no mob attack
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Update from the Phnom Penh Post this morning with some eye witness accounts. Here's one:
(Updated with new information: 6:44am, Tuesday March 13 2018)
One witness, who declined to be named, was selling goods on the corner near where the attack broke out.

She said about 100 motorbikes had pursued Sareth to the scene and the crowd “almost beat him to a pulp”.

“We saw some people take rocks to beat him. We feel pity, but we could not help him, because the people, their anger exploded on him,” she said. Sareth, she added, was “on the brink of death” when police arrived.

“We should not attack him like this. This attack is very brutal . . . He is also human, even if he has crashed [into someone],” she said.

One bystander, Prak Hak, 60, said the mob was incensed because rumour had spread that Sareth had severely injured or killed someone, which ultimately proved untrue. “We were shocked when we saw the beating. We were shaking,” she said. Still, she saw an element of justice in the attack.

“If he kept quiet in the car, they would not beat him like this, but because he fought back, and was pointing back at them, that made them so angry and they beat him even more,” she said.

“It’s not only me, but other people also – when other people hit and run, we must beat them because we are angry and he does not stop. Luckily, the police came in time to save him.”
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/p ... it-and-run
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

I'm surprised that the story hasn't made the international press yet.

I expect that if and when it does, references will be made to the mass killing of academics under the Pol Pot regime along with the obligatory comment that the Prime Minister of the country is a former member of the Khmer Rouge.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

And don't forget landmines and sex-trafficking
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

batshitcrazyweirdo wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:29 pm I dunno aboot all yer darknet. But I can tell you I have been mobbed 3 times.

It wasn't nice. I had to ............. defend myself. Twice in Pig Pen, once in Shitville.

Maybe it were other posters here or from TOF who had enough of your shit! :stir:
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

More pics here: http://peoplenews.asia/39445/

Also the GT:

Phnom Penh: William Guang, the real name "Sok Sovanvannana Saraphone", mentioned four factors that led the Khmer people to lose their sense of justice until they were violent and harsh, without knowing exactly what they heard, shouting at the driver of the accident was seriously injured.

The mention of Mr. William Guang real name Sok Sovann developing offspring through social networks took place after March 11 afternoon, residents were Swedish, Dr. Margaret professor at the University of Cambodia and beaten half dead just heard them screaming handed him harmless traffic rammed a toll road and stop triggers Violence of the masses.

William Wong wrote on March 12, "The law is to guarantee equality, freedom, dignity, honor to all individuals!

Legal factors: Unpaid offenders who intentionally violate private property (including mortgages) should always be subject to a law of coercion, and a hitman is not liable to a lawful act, punishable, responsible, responsible, deserving, imprisoned.

Social Factors: Running an embarrassing, irresponsible shuffle The collapse of the victim as Sareth did not know how many hit the collision! Or scream to hit the victim, but the violence against the driver is a serious social disease.

Morality factor: Khmer Now it loses its national soul It's just a little bit of rubbish, moral indiscriminate, Illegally we are Citizens Should catch the law, we have no right to hit them? He is an old man, but he studies Ph.D. if he gets down to settle down and does not like swimming pools. It shows a lack of responsibility. "

Please note that on the afternoon of March 11, 2018, people tricked into attempting to murder and dismantle a supercar Gac GSS Super, a number plate of Phnom Penh 2AP 9719, run by an unidentified man, was alleged to have hit the road from Toul Sangke in Tuol Sangke to Toul Kork's Kompong Tovchouk.

According to eyewitnesses, this provocative bus hit the first bus in Toul Chok pagoda in Russei Keo district, and continued to escape on the road until the Central Market took 2-3 rounds in the new market area and continue to escape in the streets of Depo Market also hit the people on the street and did not stop to go back to the hospital after the monk was also riding motorbike near 200 km The raid was there, causing violence, destroying nearly all vehicles and drivers, and then police force from Toul Kork to help him and to send him to hospital for injuries.

According to information from the police that there is no collision Dead Rising 2-3, only 1 motor vehicles are not injured and arrived around Lok Motorcycle 1 injured motorcyclists, the car stopped and the riders chasing behind only hear stories, they used violence against parties injured almost died. The source added that after the most violent attack plan The car and driver injuries are almost dead tired professionals are opening an investigation and research to find the cause and destroy the car and hit the open to be questioned and legal action. That is the bus driver asked, and those who claim to be followed since the first scene pad.

The definitive municipal police, said that now the police are collecting evidence and video, violent offenders who cause traffic accidents to be punished according to the law so that the violence has become a habit. The perpetrators of violence are caught by the media. Some people around this welcome and support the actions of capacity contracts In order to catch the perpetrators to be punished according to the law.
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:29 am
John Bingham wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:31 pm Can anyone figure out the exact location? I can't find it on street view but that's from 2013 anyway. There's a lot of meth in that neighborhood near Preah Kossomak Hospital.

Edit, I just figured out it's the junction of 156 and 265.
yup here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@11.56287 ... 312!8i6656

its shocking though as the picture where the accident took place is at 260 3.4km away, no wonder he had such a huge mob chasing him on their bikes!!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/11.56 ... 09!3e0!5i1
The papers are saying it started in Russei Keo on NR5, so more like 7km or something.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The car driver is reported to have been involved in at least two different accidents where he hit motorcycles without stopping.
The incident took place on Sunday afternoon at about 3pm in Tuol Kork district’s Toek La’ak II commune.

Kong Chantha, a traffic police officer with Phnom Penh municipal police, identified the victim as Suy Samreth, a professor at the University of Cambodia.

He said Mr Samreth was driving his car alone along National Road 5 in Russey Keo district on Sunday when he hit a motorbike and seriously injured its driver.

After the accident, Mr Samreth fled into the city, added Mr Chantha.

The professor proceeded to crash into two more motorbikes near Depo Market in Tuol Kork district, according to Mr Chantha, who added that he again fled the scene.

Angry motorists, who saw the accident, drove their motorbikes in pursuit of Mr Samreth and finally stopped him near Preah Kossamak Hospital in Toek La’ak III commune.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/113659/poli ... professor/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic