Visas

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Visas

Post by willyhilly »

I know someone who is off to Cambodia shortly to construct a building somewhere, probably for an NGO. He is asking about visas and work permits. What is the name of the visa that one enters on for a month and then can turn into a long term visa? Is it still $35 and one photo required?
How does one get the work permit and a drivers licence? Is Lucky Lucky back to hiring motos again as things have toughened up.
Is it possible to hire a car and drive on an international licence nowadays?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Visas

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

All of your questions have been answered numerous times on numerous threads
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Typical bloody kiwi. In the time it took to type an answer he could have answered the question! Don’t let this forum become like 440 please.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Try this:

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

But best for him to ask the NGO he will be working for, they usually have someone in the organisation handling it.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

C'mon Willy...this is the sort of post/questions expected of noobs, stop being so damn lazy!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

willyhilly wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:25 pm Typical bloody kiwi. In the time it took to type an answer he could have answered the question! Don’t let this forum become like 440 please.
Dear wh,

You are talking about one of the most selfless and generous contributers to this forum. His was a well deserved moment of impatience. It is because of his contributions and a few other posters that CEO will never plunge to the narcissistic depths of TOF.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

he wants an e-class visa which will become an E B ( business ) visa when he applies for his first extension.
he will need to supply a stamped letter confirming his employment.
after he gets his eos, he needs a work permit
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

willyhilly wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:00 am I know someone who is off to Cambodia shortly to construct a building somewhere, probably for an NGO. He is asking about visas and work permits. What is the name of the visa that one enters on for a month and then can turn into a long term visa? Is it still $35 and one photo required?
How does one get the work permit and a drivers licence? Is Lucky Lucky back to hiring motos again as things have toughened up.
Is it possible to hire a car and drive on an international licence nowadays?
Ok Willy, since you got upset, I'll be nice to you...

Firstly, you need to be more specific about what your friend is coming here to do, is he coming here as an employee of a registered NGO or is he coming as one of those well intentioned volounterrorists?

1. Apply for the E-type (Ordinary) Visa on Arrival, $35, if no passport pic pay an extra couple dollars.

2. If he's coming as a volunteer, my advice would be to apply for the 6 mth EG EOS prior to his VOA expiring. (Volunteering, visas and WPs are a very grey area).

If he's coming as an employee of a registered NGO, they should assist him in obtaining a B-type visa.

If he is an employee of a company, he will need to submit a letter of employment and apply for an EB EOS.

3. WP is applied for online, employer must be registered and have their foreign employee quota approved.

Here is the official WP application link...
http://fwcms.mlvt.gov.kh

4. You can no longer apply for a DL via an agent. There are a few threads which explain the process for obtaining a Cambodian drivers license which I will find for you later if I can be bothered.

5. There are hundreds of moto rental companies in PP, the crackdown on not renting motors to foreigners is a SR policy only.

6. You can rent a car and drive on a foreign drivers license for up to 1 mth, any longer and you require a Cambodian DL. IDPs are not recognised. Also, check the fine print in insurance policy regarding driving and licensing.

I hope this helps
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Thanks Kiwi. I don’t have any details of what this joker is up too. The last kiwi builder I knew came to build a cow shed but all the cows died.
Good info about being able to drive a car for a month on a foreign licence. This is good for brave tourists I suppose.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

that genius wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:52 pm Try this:

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

But best for him to ask the NGO he will be working for, they usually have someone in the organisation handling it.
The link is good for a tourist visa. Did not see EB visa on there.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic