[Confirmed] PP Post-Work Permits to be enforced by MOI & MOL

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: [Confirmed] PP Post-Work Permits to be enforced by MOI &

Post by OrangeDragon »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:
giblet wrote:Agreed that this law has been on the books since before we arrived, so in that sense, it's not surprising. That said, I did not think there was a mechanism to get them before other than through an employer. I may be remembering incorrectly, though.
You are remembering correctly. It might have been a law, but it was little known and there was no pay to actually obtain the proper documentation even if you wanted to, so it's extremely stupid to start asking for backdating now. Money going in the wrong pockets again. I certainly won't be paying for any past years. I suspect my employer (and most others) will quickly put and end to the backdating. Worse comes to worst I've got a new passport with only one or two visas in it.
I know several people here in Sihanoukville, self employed, who were able to get them without issue previously. Again, not sure about Phnom Penh...

We have this cool "One Window" office here that helps everyone deal with this stuff:
http://forsale.sihanoukville-cambodia.c ... bodia.html
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Our company sent around a memo early last week and gave all expats laminated copies of their work books just incase they get stopped.

It seems they are taking this one seriously and are going to follow through with cashing people.

To be honest, if they want to be part of this ASIAN movement they have to at least pretend like they care.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

And not just ASEAN... remember we have member of the opposition now holding some high ranking seats. This could easily be an extension of their involvement.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I wouldn't worry about the opposition, they will be squashed when the time is right.

This is one big chess game for HE and he has one move in his pocket.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Everyone keeps giving him a lot of credit for being some grand thinker... he's not even fully high school educated. He was monk educated from 13 to 18 when he dropped out of school to join the army.

I suspect that his grand chess moves aren't as well planned as he gets credit for, or that there's someone smarter than him pulling his strings from above.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

OrangeDragon wrote:Everyone keeps giving him a lot of credit for being some grand thinker... he's not even fully high school educated. He was monk educated from 13 to 18 when he dropped out of school to join the army.

I suspect that his grand chess moves aren't as well planned as he gets credit for, or that there's someone smarter than him pulling his strings from above.
Or is that what he wants everyone to think.

He is smarter than a lot of people give him credit for.

You don't be in power as long as he has based on luck.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

OrangeDragon wrote:Everyone keeps giving him a lot of credit for being some grand thinker...
He's not credited with being a grand thinker! He is said to be one of the best strategists in the game/politics/world.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Username Taken wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:Everyone keeps giving him a lot of credit for being some grand thinker...
He's not credited with being a grand thinker! He is said to be one of the best strategists in the game/politics/world.
^ this.

He knows what he is doing and he ain't afraid to play dumb to achieve his objective.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Username Taken wrote:
^ this.

He knows what he is doing and he ain't afraid to play dumb to achieve his objective.
The uneducated don't often do well as strategists against the educated. we'll see how it turns out, but i think WAY too much credit is given.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

OrangeDragon wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Username Taken wrote:
^ this.

The uneducated don't often do well as strategists against the educated. we'll see how it turns out, but i think WAY too much credit is given.

I agree let's see how it turns out. My opinion is you have you money on the wrong horse.

Education ain't everything.

You can be the smartest man in the world and still not be able to control the people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic