Cambodian Coca-Cola meets Mr Science

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Cambodian Coca-Cola meets Mr Science

Post by OrangeDragon »

LTO wrote: I am now looking for a BRIX hydrometer, if anybody knows where I might be able to find one.
At a guess: Celabora on street 172?
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

OrangeDragon wrote:
LTO wrote: I am now looking for a BRIX hydrometer, if anybody knows where I might be able to find one.
Thank you very much. I checked the medical supply places and they didnt have it, but it's outside their field. I'll try Celabora.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Hilarious (and sad) that soooo much energy and time is put into assessing the taste of such a crap product. Overpriced, promotes obesity, nutritionally harmful...what's not to like about it?
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

LTO wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
Thank you very much. I checked the medical supply places and they didnt have it, but it's outside their field. I'll try Celabora.
Let me know how the place is. I'm interested in some glassware, scales and such for pyrotech purposes.
clippy
Expatriate

Post by clippy »

Who cares its all shit any way . diabetes, obesity, tooth decay
Cane sugar and high fructose corn syrup are indeed both harmful when consumed in pharmacologic doses of 140 pounds per person per year.When one 20 ounce HFCS sweetened soda, sports drink, or tea has 17 teaspoons of sugar (and the average teenager often consumes two drinks a day) we are conducting a largely uncontrolled experiment on the human species.Our hunter gatherer ancestors consumed the equivalent of 20 teaspoons per year, not per day.
from this link

i used to drink a couple of cans of coke or sprite a day, i've cut down massively. most days i dont drink coke, couple times a week at most
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

clippy wrote:Who cares its all shit any way . diabetes, obesity, tooth decay
Cane sugar and high fructose corn syrup are indeed both harmful when consumed in pharmacologic doses of 140 pounds per person per year.When one 20 ounce HFCS sweetened soda, sports drink, or tea has 17 teaspoons of sugar (and the average teenager often consumes two drinks a day) we are conducting a largely uncontrolled experiment on the human species.Our hunter gatherer ancestors consumed the equivalent of 20 teaspoons per year, not per day.
from this link

i used to drink a couple of cans of coke or sprite a day, i've cut down massively. most days i dont drink coke, couple times a week at most
I wonder why you did that? Must be because you have a brain and care about what you put in your body in excess...hmmm...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

It's nasty stuff any way you look at it, how to decimate a population, eat shit and drink sugar water.

dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Joker Poker wrote:It's nasty stuff any way you look at it, how to decimate a population, eat shit and drink sugar water.

Now now...it's very anti-Libertarian to question anyone's choice to put pure shit into their body (several times a day)...

after all, who cares anyway if they die of obesity, diabetes, heart problems, etc.?
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

I'm with you on helmets and softdrinks,but let's not get too aroused just yet. :beer3:
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Joker Poker wrote:I'm with you on helmets and softdrinks,but let's not get too aroused just yet. :beer3:
Life is "case by case"...I'm a self-declared Rat-Lib (Rational Libertarian) which means I value fitness, safety and logic. Plus all the fun I can have without the rules and restrictions that are unnecessary.

Basically I'm not a drunk, addict, I seriously exercise daily, eat sensibly (almost all unprocessed foods) and drink copious amounts of water...and when drinking booze I have total control of the high (and the resulting threat of a hangover)...

People who don't care about what they subject their body to or who are (willfully) ignorant of the consequences of excess die early...good riddance.

I don't want to live that long, just in as robust health as possible...regular orgasms is a basic building block for good health...and lack of financial concerns...and love and support from friends and family...and the other obvious sources of contentment and strength.

60 and counting, no hospital, no medicine, no operations, no chronic health problems, no body fat, no sleep issues...must be doing something right (and on a scooter everyday for over 20 years as well)..and I'm extremely lucky no heavy object has fallen on my head...yet...

whatever...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic