Drunk Chinese Driver Involved in Fatal Crash

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Drunk Chinese Driver Involved in Fatal Crash

Post by cptrelentless »

You guys really need to learn how to get your heads round SI units. Did you not do metric in school?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

yanks maybe still don't
their military does though
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

cptrelentless wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:37 pm You guys really need to learn how to get your heads round SI units. Did you not do metric in school?
Nope we didn't and in spite of this terrible oversight, I've had a full if not meaningful life.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

a mathematically inclined friend once gave me some long winded diatribe regarding the deficiencies of decimal systems
his premise was that base 12 or 16 gave many more multiplicating and dividing opportunities than base 10.
i suppose hexadecimal numerics in computer architecture bear out his opinion.
plus, he was a pom, thus very easy to shortchange the foreigner in the old system of money, weights and measures.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

America, land of contradictions.

They cheer on linguistic evolution when asked about alternative spellings and pronunciations, but steadfastly resist evolution over the metrication issue.

I still think in terms of feet and inches wrt the height of people

The liquid measurement system (fluid ounces) takes the biscuit, imo, and the crazy difference in certain areas as to what constitutes 'a pint'.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

USA and Imperial are different as well
even more scope for cheating
i like that 1 kg of water is a liter

however- nautical miles,degrees,seconds,and minutes will never cease because navigation and spherical trig.
that is just natural geometry- not fashion.
i think a lot of those dozens, cubits and pecks probably arose in some natural cause.
carat is the average weight of a carob seed
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Right - first, nobody outside of the US uses BAC for breath measures, because it's a breath measure not a blood measure. Secondly, it's powers of ten. So ug, micrograms, is 1000th of a milligram. So 35ug is 0.035mg. 100ml is 1/10th of a litre. So you multiply your result by 10 to get litres, making it 0.35mg/l. So dude one who looks a bit merry is nearly double the UK driving limit, the other one who looks fairly plastered is nearly triple.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic