French Backpacker Melanie Desez Robbed in Phnom Penh; Helped by Cambodians & She Repays Them with Hugs

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

French Backpacker Melanie Desez Robbed in Phnom Penh; Helped by Cambodians & She Repays Them with Hugs

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: on 06 March, a French Tourist named Melanie Desez, a 22 year old student, was robbed by two men who were riding a Dream motorbike who stole her bag while she was walking on street 184, Ouresey traffic Light in Phnom Penh. She lost a bag which had a credit card, Frech ID card, Driving Licence, IPhon iPhone 6, and some money.

According to Social Media, a Cambodian man said that he saw a French girl getting rob on the street, and he helped her by taking her to the police station to file a compliant. He also asked people to raise some money to help the French lady. Later on, there were a few people donate some money for her, totaling $200.

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Re: French Backpacker Melanie Desez Robbed in Phnom Penh; Helped by Cambodians & She Repays Them with Hugs

Post by Micmac »

Just shows how compassionate the Khmer people really are.
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: French Backpacker Melanie Desez Robbed in Phnom Penh; Helped by Cambodians & She Repays Them with Hugs

Post by General Mackevili »

Micmac wrote:Just shows how compassionate the Khmer people really are.
They just wanted them blonde hugs. ;)
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:21 pm
Micmac wrote:Just shows how compassionate the Khmer people really are.
They just wanted them blonde hugs. ;)

Reminds me of a incident 5 plus years ago , I was walking along the footpath wanting to cross the road but couldn't cause the cars were bumper to bumper. Up ahead there was a gap and a group of 20 people blocking the foot path and as I squeezed passed them towards the gap, a Lexus pulled up , double parking and blocking the way.
Out steps a Cambodian girl, straight from the airport, looking like a movie star and everyone greets her like long lost friends welcoming her home and giving her big hug's. I'm about the number ten hugger in line cause I cannot get past, and I say welcome home . I'm overwhelmed by the smell of Channel Number 10 perfume and am tongue tied, but Im a good hugger. She asked ,,, do I know you, who are you ?
I point behind me and say Sopheas husband .

Pissed me off cause I had to walk back 100 m passed the bumper to bumper cars to cross the road all because her chauffeur didn't move the car.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Duncan's Weinstein moment, LOL
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

#MeToo
Don't forget the water buffalo
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I didn't contribute, but can I get a hug?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic