Some nice old Khmer pics for those who appreciate that...

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Lexy
Tourist
Canada

Re: Some nice old Khmer pics for those who appreciate that...

Post by Lexy »

Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:57 am
Brewer wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:47 am
Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:40 am
Lexy wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:57 pm When are the pictures from? Can't find it on the page
They’re still there for me...
He's asking what year they were taken, I think. The problem with monochrome photos without, for example people, is they can be difficult to date. If there were people on them their dress might provide a clue to era/decade or whatever.

Personally, I find photos like that very bittersweet to look at. They are magnificent and remind me of my first visit when there were hardly any people to try to photograph around. But now, as the people of Devon and Kernow would have it, fucking pestilential grockles and emmets everywhere.
i've no idea what year the pics are taken...
Yeah I was asking what year, thanks!
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

Lexy wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:25 pm
Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:57 am
Brewer wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:47 am
Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:40 am
Lexy wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:57 pm When are the pictures from? Can't find it on the page
They’re still there for me...
He's asking what year they were taken, I think. The problem with monochrome photos without, for example people, is they can be difficult to date. If there were people on them their dress might provide a clue to era/decade or whatever.

Personally, I find photos like that very bittersweet to look at. They are magnificent and remind me of my first visit when there were hardly any people to try to photograph around. But now, as the people of Devon and Kernow would have it, fucking pestilential grockles and emmets everywhere.
i've no idea what year the pics are taken...
Yeah I was asking what year, thanks!
Sorry , i’ve got no idea...#MyRong
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The first photos of Angkor Wat were taken by 29-year-old John Thompson, a Scotsman, in 1866. These pictures were taken just a few months later by a Frenchman Emile Gsell, who was 28 at the time.
More here:
http://www.angkorphotographytours.com/b ... -pictures/
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:04 pm The first photos of Angkor Wat were taken by 29-year-old John Thompson, a Scotsman, in 1866. These pictures were taken just a few months later by a Frenchman Emile Gsell, who was 28 at the time.
More here:
http://www.angkorphotographytours.com/b ... -pictures/
:hattip:
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

A few more here:
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic