How much do you spend on a good night out in Phnom Penh?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: How much do you spend on a good night out in PP?

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:42 pm Since this is a Cambodian forum (and I’m not good at Maths) - what’s that in dollars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.x-rates.com/calculator/?from ... D&amount=1
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

A good night out in PP is worth exactly $27.75.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Barang chgout wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:23 pm A good night out in PP is worth exactly $27.75.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
can we get a breakdown of that $27.75 please :D :geek:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

Depends on what you call a good night out. Personally I'm not interested in hookers so I can have a great time for around 20-30 dollars any time, but it really depends on the company. Spending money on brainless hookers who speak 20 words of English is not my idea of having a great time, in fact the opposite. A couple weeks ago I had a great time with some friends getting totally wasted, and it cost me like 12 dollars.
And no way Pattaya is cheaper, those prices quoted by Jamie_Lambo are happy hour prices, not party time prices, so I have to disagree on that. Going out in PP is cheaper for me, except the food is cheaper in Pattaya. So depends on what kind of person you are. That's just another perspective.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

superferret wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:04 am And no way Pattaya is cheaper, those prices quoted by Jamie_Lambo are happy hour prices, not party time prices, so I have to disagree on that. Going out in PP is cheaper for me, except the food is cheaper in Pattaya. So depends on what kind of person you are. That's just another perspective.
where did i say Pattaya is cheaper?
:facepalm:
i said "Pattaya is better value for money"

and in the other thread i said "Thailand has far better happyhours, the happy hours in Pattaya Agogos is a cheaper night out than bars down 136 or 104..."
and in my breakdown i quoted both normal prices and happy hour prices

i go out a lot and i drink a lot, one thing im familiar with is alcohol prices

if you can go out and get totally wasted on $12 or even $20/30 thats good for you, but for anyone who drinks anything other than draft beer that money doesnt last you 1 bar
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Re: How much do you spend on a good night out in Phnom Penh?

Post by superferret »

I believe you, if you spend 100-200 dollars a night, I'm sure Pattaya is far better value. No question. There's just much more options to have fun there. My budget's more limited so Pattaya wasn't that good for me, when I had good times a couple years ago it was usually with friends and random non-professionals girls we met, the kind of girls who were happy to spend a night following you around if you bought them a meal. So it didn't cost me much. Unfortunately they seem to have disappeared and the expat party scene has also taken a major hit here this year. We used to have Reggae bar, Rooftop, the bar on 172 with live music, pool parties, etc. I just feel like now it's all about the girlie bars, it's much harder to go out and have fun cheap like in the past.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

superferret wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:07 am I believe you, if you spend 100-200 dollars a night, I'm sure Pattaya is far better value. No question. There's just much more options to have fun there. My budget's more limited so Pattaya wasn't that good for me, when I had good times a couple years ago it was usually with friends and random non-professionals girls we met, the kind of girls who were happy to spend a night following you around if you bought them a meal. So it didn't cost me much. Unfortunately they seem to have disappeared and the expat party scene has also taken a major hit here this year. We used to have Reggae bar, Rooftop, the bar on 172 with live music, pool parties, etc. I just feel like now it's all about the girlie bars, it's much harder to go out and have fun cheap like in the past.
SR took a real dive too, I once saw a few expats waiting for patrons to leave to deink there dregs of there 1$ anchor and taking turns making out with a khmer working girl with missing teeth.

she has been doin the rounds for years too, back 2/3 years ago nobody would go near her but now there so many wester blokes she can choose whoever she wants.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

superferret wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:07 am I believe you, if you spend 100-200 dollars a night, I'm sure Pattaya is far better value. No question. There's just much more options to have fun there. My budget's more limited so Pattaya wasn't that good for me, when I had good times a couple years ago it was usually with friends and random non-professionals girls we met, the kind of girls who were happy to spend a night following you around if you bought them a meal. So it didn't cost me much. Unfortunately they seem to have disappeared and the expat party scene has also taken a major hit here this year. We used to have Reggae bar, Rooftop, the bar on 172 with live music, pool parties, etc. I just feel like now it's all about the girlie bars, it's much harder to go out and have fun cheap like in the past.
:thumb:
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:20 am
SR took a real dive too, I once saw a few expats waiting for patrons to leave to deink there dregs of there 1$ anchor and taking turns making out with a khmer working girl with missing teeth.

she has been doin the rounds for years too, back 2/3 years ago nobody would go near her but now there so many wester blokes she can choose whoever she wants.
dusk til dawn closed?? erik is my boy... they were doing ok last summer....if thats the case...damn..
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

club love was ok when i went..a few nigerians i suppose but that don't stress me.. all good. I think on that street there are a few spots no?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic