My God,another 17 dead in Florida

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
batshitcrazyweirdo
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Re: My God,another 17 dead in Florida

Post by batshitcrazyweirdo »

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

just let everyone have a fucking gun and have fucking shootout everyday on the streets, on that note, lets all die from heatwaves, floods, extreme cold weather etc coz there aint such thing as climate change.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
finbar
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by finbar »

We can only hope Trump gets to prove himself in the line of fire sometime soon.

Relevant to arming school teachers:
-
Per ardua, ad stercus
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

if what pro gun people saying is true about having guns will deter violence then why are they zip tying guns at this gathering? wouldnt the amount of guns and bullets at this church itself be enough to deter any thoughts of violence itself, seems ironic actually, bring guns to pro gun gathering and disabling the gun

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ar-15-bearing ... 53855.html
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

This just confirms most American's are completely bonkers.

Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Micmac wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:36 pm This just confirms most American's are completely bonkers.

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE TONIGHT: High School Mass Murderer is Sentenced to Life in Florida.
Parkland shooter gets life in prison for deadliest US high school massacre
Nikolas Cruz pleaded guilty a year ago to killing 14 students and three staff members at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school
Thu 13 Oct 2022 16.46 BST

A Florida jury on Thursday recommended life in prison for a former student who murdered 17 people in the nation’s deadliest high school shooting.

Nikolas Cruz, 24, killed 14 students and three staff members at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school in Parkland on Valentine’s Day 2018, shooting into numerous classrooms with an AR-15 style assault rifle during the six-minute rampage and wounding 17 more.

The sentence of life without parole, now a formality, will be imposed at a hearing on 1 November after victim impact statements are given, circuit court judge Elizabeth Scherer ruled.

The jury of seven men and five women returned their verdict after seven and a half hours of deliberations, following a 60-day trial in which Cruz’s defense team argued his actions were the result of mental illness and brain damage caused by fetal alcohol syndrome.

Prosecutors had argued that Cruz, who had signaled his desire to become a school shooter in videos and drawings he made before the attack, had meticulously plotted the killings.

“It was goal-directed, it was calculated, it was purposeful and it was a systematic massacre,” state attorney Mike Satz told the court in Fort Lauderdale, arguing that Cruz was afflicted by antisocial personality disorder.

The jurors found that on all 17 counts of first-degree murder, the state had proved beyond reasonable doubt the existence of “aggravating factors”, specifically that the killings were committed in a “cold, calculating and premeditated manner”.

But in each case at least one juror found that the aggravating factors were outweighed by the mitigation offered by the defense. For a death penalty sentence, jurors would have had to be unanimous.

Family members of the victims, whose ages ranged from 13 to 49, attended the sometimes contentious trial daily, and were in court to hear the verdict of the jury, which began its deliberations on Wednesday afternoon.

The parents of Alyssa Alhadeff, 14, said they were “disgusted” that the killer was given mercy.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ife-prison
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic