British Expat in Siem Reap Lends $250 to Man From Zimbabwe to Pay for Overstay Fees, Surprisingly Gets Burnt

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Adithomas
Tourist
Indonesia

Re: British Expat in Siem Reap Lends $250 to Man From Zimbabwe to Pay for Overstay Fees, Surprisingly Gets Burnt

Post by Adithomas »

Well when you are helping someone, just dont have to think about the payback.
And your wife is a good lady. You are lucky to have a good wife who has kind heart.
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Re: British Expat in Siem Reap Lends $250 to Man From Zimbabwe to Pay for Overstay Fees, Surprisingly Gets Burnt

Post by markd »

even if he did do a runner on 250 bucks its still good value if he did volunteer for free for all that time for both scammer & victim
thru shit to more shit
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:23 pm
AndyD wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:10 am Trymore will be back volunteering with JWOC at some time in the near future. Many thanks, Andy.
Beware the Jwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Zimzim bird, and shun
The frumious walletsnatch!
Exactly! :D
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

You portrayed this guy as a scammer all over the internet and social media because of a meagre 250 bucks you lend him.
And just because you changed you mind for whatever reason everything should be deleted and forgotten. Yeah right
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

was he volunteering at 419?
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kratom123 »

Ashcroftie wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:44 pm I might be wrong but overstaying 25 days x $5 is, uhm, $125. He flew home and you never heard from him again? How surprising. Could have happened with any nationality, I think.
10 dollars
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

$250 removal fee
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Kratom123 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:52 pm
Ashcroftie wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:44 pm I might be wrong but overstaying 25 days x $5 is, uhm, $125. He flew home and you never heard from him again? How surprising. Could have happened with any nationality, I think.
10 dollars
Note that the OP was posted over 2 years ago.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

Who was the scammer and who was the scamee?
My experience with Rhodesians is they dig up irrigation pipes to sell for scrap ruining the once productive farm land and eat Arabian horses left by landowners who have been chased out of the country.
Why not extend the visa a month earlier?
I learned that loaning money is a bad idea. It is best to just give the money to them or say no.
Loans to people you know are a huge mistake.
Maybe you should of just given him the money?
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

BR549 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:26 am Who was the scammer and who was the scamee?
My experience with Rhodesians is they dig up irrigation pipes to sell for scrap ruining the once productive farm land and eat Arabian horses left by landowners who have been chased out of the country.
Why not extend the visa a month earlier?
I learned that loaning money is a bad idea. It is best to just give the money to them or say no.
Loans to people you know are a huge mistake.
Maybe you should of just given him the money?
My experience with Rhodesians.... Rhodesia ceased to exist in 1980 it is now called Zimbabwe, so your experiences happened 40 years ago?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic