New British Clinic in Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

New British Clinic in Siem Reap

Post by Francis »

For the ones that live in Siem Reap:

A new clinic has opened in Siem Reap with Dr. Ian Ferguson, British registered doctor.
So if you try to avoid the local butchers this could be an alternative.

Phone: 69 630344
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: New British Clinic in Siem Reap

Post by General Mackevili »

Good find, thx.

From their website:

British Khmer Clinic

Our Location/address:
House A73, Charles De Gaulle Borey Prim Prey
Traipaing Ses Village,
Sangkat Kauk Chok, Siem Reap

Contact us:
Phone: +855 (0)69 630 344
Make an online booking
Email: [email protected]

About us:
The ‘British Khmer Clinic’ is an English speaking medical clinic based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Our goal is to provide excellent, targeted health care by western trained and accredited doctors to our customers in Siem Reap. We are community focused and we work closely with other health care providers and services in the area. We envision that our high standards of of medical care combined with the standards we expect in our partners will have a positive overall effect on health care in Siem Reap.

Opening times:
Work Hours: Our normal hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Out of hours: Subject to availability, we can see patients from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Saturday. Any time that is not within our normal work hours will incur a 50% surcharge.

Costs:
A standard doctor appointment during regular work hours is US$50. A concession applies to Khmer patients and expats who can prove residency. This concession only applies to those who arrive on time for their appointments.

Testimonials:

Roz
Very good clinic, particularly for western tourists as it is a safe, English speaking environment.

Jason
After a motorbike accident I suffered a major burn on my leg which proceded to get infected. It was reassuring to know there was a top-notch physician in Siem Reap where I knew the language barrier, quality, or cost would be no concern. My treatment has been comparible to western primary care in every way. My recovery has been speedy and I tell all the ex-pats in town to come see Dr. Ian Ferguson first. A+++

Glenys
So great to have a nice xpat Dr in town.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

I just thought it could be an alternative. 3 or 4 month ago I've met here an Australian family, heavily armed with the newest version of the "Lonely Planet". Now Lonely Planet suggests that "Cambodian street food" is a must. I have warned them and told 'em that their stomachs wouldn't be prepared for that kind of shit. Anyway......next day all 4 of them were seriously sick and they demanded to be brought into a hospital. They went into a "Khmer Clinic" and received the following treatment:

1. Doctor elevated their legs to stabilize circulation (good idea but that's usually for free)
2. Put them on a drip (standard saltwater solution).....that costs not more than a $ 1.50
3. Injected Ciprofloxacin into the saltwater solution........that costs about $0.50

Now have a guess what the "clinic" has charged them for this superior treatment ??? $ 2.500 each !!!! :facepalm:

So we have a new, western doctor here who knows what he does and who charges not more than $ 50, and that's good news.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Do you mean 2 thousand, five hundred dollars each? $2,500. That's sick, so to speak.
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

is that 50 bucks for a standard consult of 5 minutes ..
thru shit to more shit
Firefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Firefly »

I believe Dr Ferguson has left SR now, I used him a few times and he provided an excellent GP service.
'What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.' Charles Bukowski
Soyoung123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soyoung123 »

Firefly wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:26 am I believe Dr Ferguson has left SR now, I used him a few times and he provided an excellent GP service.
He left but is back now. New location above Road 60.

Consultation is $30 for expats which is very, very reasonable. He doesn’t gouge you on medication (or over-prescribe - he is very wary about antibiotic resistance so gives you the minimum vs. Khmer clinics where they prescribe you as much as possible at inflated costs plus some Royal D for good measure?)

His bedside manner is exceptional. A very calm, compassionate person.
Firefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Firefly »

Good news indeed :thumb:
'What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.' Charles Bukowski
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic