Two Tourists Attack Tuk-Tuk Driver Because He Is Unable to Find Ladyboys for Them in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Two Tourists Attack Tuk-Tuk Driver Because He Is Unable to Find Ladyboys for Them in Phnom Penh

Post by Abc123 »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:44 am And, where is your supporting evidence that a foreigner was beaten to death?
If it's not the paper, it didn't happen, and if it is in the paper it did. Yawn. How long have you been living here now?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Two Tourists Attack Tuk-Tuk Driver Because He Is Unable to Find Ladyboys for Them in Phnom Penh

Post by Username Taken »

Well, where is your supporting evidence that the tourists were overcharged by the tuk tuk driver?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Abc123 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:41 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:40 am
General Mackevili wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 am
The pair were riding around in the local's rickshaw for several hours while trying to find a transsexual prostitute in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The British are winning the current stupid-looking tourists in the news competition
There are so many that the Daily Mail has probably sent a journalist team out specially to cover British antics in Cambodia. I hope there will be a feature article on the difficulties of finding a ladyboy in PP these days.

The violence is inexcusable. Have their names been published anywhere?
Or could it just be people in general. Can you give me ANY supporting evidence that that was the real story? You must be exceptionally thick if you don't think that was all about the tuk tuk driver trying to overcharge them. I guess your need for titillation is somewhat greater than your need for facts or the truth.
Don't talk to me about violence when yet again a bunch of tuk tuk drivers and security beat another foreigner because he somehow minorly insulted them, this time it was to death though. Where's your moral outrage at that?

Where is your evidence that I am exceptionally thick ? And even if I am exceptionally thick as you say, I still have the right, as an exceptionally thick person, to voice an opinion on the forum, as much as the unexceptionally thick posters here.
:roll:
Chill a little.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:12 am Well, where is your supporting evidence that the tourists were overcharged by the tuk tuk driver?
I think in English law it's called reasonable suspicion based on previous reports, and the prosecuter, defense and judge's own experience. Lol
Last edited by Abc123 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:56 am
The pair were riding around in the local's rickshaw for several hours while trying to find a transsexual prostitute in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The British are winning the current stupid-looking tourists in the news competition
There are so many that the Daily Mail has probably sent a journalist team out specially to cover British antics in Cambodia. I hope there will be a feature article on the difficulties of finding a ladyboy in PP these days.

Or could it just be people in general. Can you give me ANY supporting evidence that that was the real story? You must be exceptionally thick if you don't think that was all about the tuk tuk driver trying to overcharge them. I guess your need for titillation is somewhat greater than your need for facts or the truth.
Don't talk to me about violence when yet again a bunch of tuk tuk drivers and security beat another foreigner bec. ause he somehow minorly insulted them, this time it was to death though. Where's your moral outrage at that?

Where is your evidence that I am exceptionally thick ? And even if I am exceptionally thick as you say, I still have the right, as an exceptionally thick person, to voice an opinion on the forum, as much as the unexceptionally thick posters here.
Chill a little.
I think I'm exceptionally thicker than you. Get it out and let's compare.. Anyhow, stop avoiding the question, given the lack of evidence, what do you think the chances are it was about money more than ladyboys? 10/90? 50/50? 90/10?
And that a foreigner was beaten, possibly to death, outside the strip on 51. 10/90? 50/50? 90/10?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Abc123 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:48 am
Username Taken wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:12 am Well, where is your supporting evidence that the tourists were overcharged by the tuk tuk driver?
I think in English law it's called reasonable suspicion based on previous reports, and the prosecuter, defense and judge's own experience. Lol
Reasonable Suspicion only comes in to effect during detention and arrest of a suspect, it holds no grounds in court and in fact often comes into question in court whether the "reasonable suspicion" was in fact legit or the constables abuse of power
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Abc123 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:36 am
General Mackevili wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 am It's made it to the Daily Mail:

'I just want to see a ladyboy': Brit pays off driver after brawl

This is the humiliating moment two British tourists are forced to apologise after fighting with a tuk-tuk driver because he couldn't find them a ladyboy in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

But the taxi driver said the pair became aggressive when their search was unsuccessful.
Goody, more fake news. Your pal Donald would be proud.
Actually the Daily Mail tend to steal all their Cambodia stuff from here or TOF.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Two Tourists Attack TukTuk Driver Because He Is Unable to Find Ladyboys for Them in Phnom Penh

Post by thePeck »

Micmac wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:13 pm
epidemiks wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:01 pm
Micmac wrote:
Chandler Bing wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:28 pm I believe, there is something wrong in the translation there. The tuk tuk driver mentioned "Srey" means woman in Cambodian, If I am not wrong.
Yeah its wrong ,the tuk tuk driver actually says
Chong rok srey

what to find girl
In the TVFB video, as opposed to the CEO branded snippet, the drunk guy clearly says, "I just wanted to see a ladyboy", as they're handing over cash.
I wasnt aware of extra footage and my comment was based on the information within the video posted on this forum.

Do you have a link to the original uncut version?
I was wondering the same thing. I never heard the tuk tuk driver talk about a ladyboy, katoey, only sery.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Abc123 wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:56 am
Image Image Image

Don't talk to me about violence when yet again a bunch of tuk tuk drivers and security beat another foreigner bec. ause he somehow minorly insulted them, this time it was to death though. Where's your moral outrage at that?

Chill a little.
I think I'm exceptionally thicker than you. Get it out and let's compare.. Anyhow, stop avoiding the question, given the lack of evidence, what do you think the chances are it was about money more than ladyboys? 10/90? 50/50? 90/10?
And that a foreigner was beaten, possibly to death, outside the strip on 51. 10/90? 50/50? 90/10?
If it was about money, then why does the video show the drunker of the two talking about ladyboys?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic