Man whose book about life in Thai jail is now a film to miss premiere - because he is in prison

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Man whose book about life in Thai jail is now a film to miss premiere - because he is in prison

Post by phuketrichard »

Thought this was discussed before but searches (i did) turned up nothing.
A Liverpool boxer, whose autobiographical novel about his time in Thai prisons has been made into a major film, is to miss its premiere - because he was jailed again today.
It tells how while in prison in Thailand he was allowed to take part in the Muay Thai boxing tournaments into which “he throws himself to preserve his life and regain his freedom.”
But 45-year-old Moore, who has battled addiction demons for years, is now back behind bars after admitting burgling a neighbour’s home - three times on the same day - and stealing items including jewellery
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... i-14330825

There's losers and then there's fuck ups :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Man whose book about life in Thai jail is now a film to miss premiere - because he is in prison

Post by Micmac »

Sounds like the guy has an interesting life.
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Man whose book about life in Thai jail is now a film to miss premiere - because he is in prison

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

top bloke for sure!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Top scally fuck-up for sure, good luck to him. I'm glad he's not my neighbor.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
peppermintpaddy
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by peppermintpaddy »

I read his book.....quite a read,he was living and training muay thai in chiang mai when he decided to start smoking yabba ,then selling it...thats what got him the jail time......
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

I prefer to do thailand without the fighting, yaba and jail time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic