Alamo Cafe - Tex-Mex and American Food in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Alamo Cafe
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Free drinks for CEO members from Alamo Cafe in Phnom Penh

Post by Alamo Cafe »

Micmac wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:32 am Just wondering if you provided any Vegan options on your menu ?
Only fries and the side salad--and if you want a meal-size version of the latter you would need to specify that you did not want cheese. All the other options contain either eggs or cheese.
Great food for dine-in, delivery, or take-away. Call 085 540 525.
Moe
Expatriate

Post by Moe »

Micmac wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:32 am Just wondering if you provided any Vegan options on your menu ?
I'm curious also. Because if you do, I'd be reluctant to visit.
meatophum
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by meatophum »

Anybody tried breakfast? Its abit far for me to get over to toul sleng, but could make the effort if reviews are good.
Alamo Cafe
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alamo Cafe »

Sorry to be making another promotional post so soon, but we have a couple of special items available while the supply lasts. A recent catering event got Mrs. Alamo in a grilling mood. When the chicken at the wholesale market this morning looked particularly good, that was all the reason she needed to add two new entrees:
  • Chicken wings in a sauce that is both sweet and tangy. These have been a personal favorite of mine ever since last November at Sharkey Bar when she asked me to try out her new experimental sauce.
  • Chicken, capsicum, onion, and cherry tomato skewers. They look pretty much like the ones you see everywhere but are far more tender than most and have a really nice black-pepper glaze on them to add some zest.
I had both for lunch and give them two thumbs way up! Like all of our entrees, they are come with either fries or a side salad for $5.75, or a small order of Crockett's croquettes for $6.75. The lunch special and free drink special DO still apply (though not in combination, of course).
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

Moe wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:30 am
I'm curious also. Because if you do, I'd be reluctant to visit.
Why would you be reluctant.Having atleast one vegan option is surely a smart move.
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Alamo Cafe
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alamo Cafe »

Great sign, although it would be a bit more believable if it wasn't from Carlsberg. If that is in Wanchai, I think I may have eaten there about 12-14 years ago when I was going to Hong Kong frequently. If so, the food was good.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Will try to walk by next month if I can convince the missus to try something other than Khmer food. Chicken wings might do the trick.
Alamo Cafe
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alamo Cafe »

While it is not on the menu, we can generally cook up some Khmer food if requested--and it is very good Khmer food based on the comments of the Khmer staff at Sharkey's. You might have to wait a few minutes for us to send one of the kids to the market up the street for certain vegetables, although we usually have the ingredients for loc lac on hand, if nothing else. If you have to wait, it just gives you an excuse for another beer!
Alamo Cafe
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alamo Cafe »

While they last: pork ribs and corn only $6.75. Guest chef Tim is smoking and grilling some of the best ribs you have ever tasted. A half rack with corn on the cob is only $6.75. If you loved Tim's ribs at Reef Resort in Sihanoukville, now is your chance to get them again. Available Monday, March 5 until they are all gone.

Please note that our previously announced free drink and lunch specials are not valid for the ribs, although they are still good for our other main course items. The ribs are also not on the menu for any of the online services, but I believe that Your Phnom Penh (https://www.yourphnompenh.com/order/food/alamo-cafe) can still handle the order--they might be a bit confused when they call us the first time, but they seem pretty sharp.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic