Administration/Moderation Concerns?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Post by General Mackevili »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:19 am The guests probably come, see you lot sniping at each other and don't become members.
I 100% agree with you, which is exactly why we are getting so serious with cleaning up things and nipping issues in the bud.

We get a lot of feedback both publicly and privately stressing 'please don't let this site turn into khmer440,' and we are dedicated to making sure we do what we have to do to insure we take CEO in the right direction. I think it is beyond any doubt that we allow literally anything and everything to be discussed here, and we even let people publicly air their issues and criticisms with CEO without fear of getting banned or retaliated against. The fact that you can go back and see feedback left on here by critics should prove that beyond any doubt. However, when it is the same people expressing the same negative thoughts again and again, we step in and stop them. It is not to censor anything, per say, it is not allowing trolls to ruin what all of us have worked so hard for, and that includes everyone on here who wants to see CEO succeed and continue to grow at the current rate we are.

It should come as no surprise that the ones on here causing the most trouble are indisputably the same individuals that have a lot vested in khmer440 succeeding over CEO. Pedros clearly is not interested in providing us with critical feedback, as he busts his butt to fill khmer440 with news, and has even been promoted as a moderator over there, LoL. Gavin has all of his legacy articles over there, and also used to be a mod for them. Does anyone really think they have our best interest at heart? Of course not, they want to see CEO fail, and that will not be allowed to do so on my watch, period. We have a great team together who have the power to make executive decisions for CEO, and I have full faith in each of them. And our members have spent a lot of time reading and posting here, and I feel I personally owe each and every one of you to do whatever I can to make sure we all succeed.

The 2 people I named above are also 2 people that have had loud voices over on khmer440, either modding in the past or currently modding. Do you really think it makes sense to give the same people who have been so active during khmer440's demise a loud voice here when they clearly come to stir things up? That would be retarded. It's 'sniping' trolls like them who are probably one of the major reasons khmer440 has been on a major decline, imho.

It's these same people who weren't able to save a sinking forum over there, and now they want to come over here to mess with what we have all created? No thank you. I guess some of you think that we should allow them to deface CEO, but we will not let that happen. Sure, a few people will cry 'censorship!' but I will be quick to point out that if you think it's a good idea to allow the same negative people from over there come over here, what do you think will be the outcome? Do we want our forum to turn into what khmer440 has become? Fuck no. I have a much better vision of where we are taking CEO, and the plan does not include letting downers like Pedros/etc come over here and think that because we value and provide freedom of speech that we will let them deface every topic with their drivel and negativity.

And, I should also point out that we have several members who are from the old forum that we are thrilled to have here. They know the rules that even I abide by, and they also participate and follow the rules. Hell, I thought someone hijacked BatShitCrazyWeirdos account when i saw him on here commenting on here like a real human, and was shocked to realize he is actually capable of having an intelligent conversation. Have we banned him for simply coming from the old forum? No. Of course not. Everyone is allowed to be a part of CEO, but we can't allow the same downers come here with the same attitude they've had on The Old Forum, as we can all see how that eventually plays out.

Even Pedros has probably been given way too much lenience on here, and we have decided that we will make sure that haters don't come over here to wreck shit.

It's really becoming clear just how big we can grow CEO, and in order to do that we really can't tolerate trolls coming on here to disrupt things like they often try to do. And I hate to single anyone out, but I just hope everyone is clear that we value free speech and making sure everyone gets a voice on here, but when it's the same haterz who were so active in khmer440's decline coming here with their same shitty attitude, we will simply not allow our fate to be the same as what they have actively helped create over there.

It is not our 'egos' which are at play here, it's our motivation to make sure we have the best place for all of us to talk about whatever we want, which does not include obvious trolls. As always, we appreciate our active members who go out of their way to give us great ideas on how to improve things, and we use that info to better this site. It's not 'ego' that makes me want to make CEO the best site for Cambodia, but it's the desire to have a platform that we should all be proud of being a part of.

So you can bet that we will be even more vigilant going forward to insure that CEO continues to grow in the direction we envision, which is up and up, and that requires us to make sure individuals who clearly come here not to debate or discuss things, but to silence those who have something thoughtful/interesting to say, have no place on here. It's the only logical way to run things successfully.

And believe it or not, I'm not a very competitive person. I don't watch any sports, and I don't judge my personal success by the failure of others. And by the amount of insults I've allowed to be hurled at me over the years, I should think it also pretty obvious that I don't suffer from having any fragile ego either, LoL. Like I've said before, we went into starting CEO assuming we'd always be the 'underdogs.' That didn't bother me in the least, and it still comes as a shock how such a big forum could drop the ball in so many ways that they are clearly on the decline (imho).

So a thanks to everyone who has been a part of our growing success, and we can do even better, I promise! Have a little faith in us and in yourselves that I truly believe this is just the beginning! You guys have been saying things that the rest of the community in Cambodia, and around the world, wants to read! I promise you all that we won't be silencing anyone because we don't agree with them, but because their goal is to come on here and do the same damage that they've been doing to The Old Forum for many years, and none of us deserve that. If anyone has any ideas or feedback to help us improve things even further, you can reach out to any one of us, and we will discuss it behind the scenes and do what we can with the ideas.
meatophum wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:35 am What happens at 1,000,000 clicks? does google give a certificate?
I don't know. How about this, we'll let you know what happens when we get to 1,000,000 pageviews a month and you guys can let us know what happens when you get to 1,000 pageviews a month, LoL. But seriously, I know you want to cry FOUL because we put you and your Pedros/Spooner accounts on Mod Preview, but it should be clear that after putting the first one on MP that your trolling is not welcome here, so why keep doing the same thing with new socks? You're just here to cause problems, and it's unacceptable. You have your own forum to run, and I promise you your time is better spent getting your news articles up rather than coming over here to troll us. I guarantee you that nobody on our news team feels the need to waste time to go over there and troll your site, so you should follow our lead and do the same.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

that genius wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:54 pm So many asking to have their posts deleted

If we have a poll and everybody wants all of my posts deleted, can the mods do it?

Demucracy and all that, ;)
So many? How many is 'so many?

Only one has asked that I am aware of, and I can assure you that it won't happen without good reason.

Can we delete all your posts? Yes, of course, piece of cake, but not without good reason. Anyway, that's not going to happen as I have it on good authority that everyone loves you. :OD:
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:02 pmI think it is beyond any doubt that we allow literally anything and everything to be discussed here, and we even let people publicly air their issues and criticisms with CEO without fear of getting banned or retaliated against.
Didn't you threaten to ban CamNavig just 2 days ago for posting valid criticism of some of your methods? So by "literally anything
can be discussed here", you mean anything BUT posting of links to original content provider?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

You can use google search to find the meaning of 'literally anything'. :thumb:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

xxxxxxx wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:02 pmI think it is beyond any doubt that we allow literally anything and everything to be discussed here, and we even let people publicly air their issues and criticisms with CEO without fear of getting banned or retaliated against.
Didn't you threaten to ban CamNavig just 2 days ago for posting valid criticism of some of your methods? So by "literally anything
can be discussed here", you mean anything BUT posting of links to original content provider?
I see your point, but we have allowed it to be discussed, and I have even personally addressed his "concern."

So, is there anyone who can't see Gavin's point? Has his concern been censored? No, but you can't expect to continue harping on something that we have addressed.

Do you really think it's fair to allow anyone to keep bringing something up again and again?

So, we allowed that discussion to take place, but we will not let Gavin to just continue it on and on in an attempt to mess things up for us.

Go find me a discussion forum that would allow a competitor or anyone else do nothing but try to cause disruption by harping on and on the same issues against the site/moderators (besides khmer440).

Again, he was allowed to bring it up, others are allowed to state their thoughts on the matter he raised, I addressed it publicly and directly, but allowing it to go on forever is just nonsense.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Gavin has all of his legacy articles over there, and also used to be a mod for them. Does anyone really think they have our best interest at heart? Of course not, they want to see CEO fail, and that will not be allowed to do so on my watch, period.
So, we allowed that discussion to take place, but we will not let Gavin to just continue it on and on in an attempt to mess things up for us.
I've made 1200 posts here and had been posting more on CEO in the last two months than on K440 and starting threads on CEO and sending links to CEO news stories to the Daily Mail. Your suggestion that I'm trying to "mess things up for CEO" and "want to see CEO fail" is either paranoid delusion or a disingenuous attempt to "attack the messenger" on an issue that more than a dozen other posters have expressed concern about.

Telling people in 2016 that "we'll start posting links and it's OK for you to post links if we forget" and then banning people in 2018 for posting links is wrong, and I would have questioned it regardless of whether or not K440 ever existed. Once I start questioning something I tend to keep on it, as you know.

You have asked me since to drop the issue and I have. I would appreciate if you stopped bashing me here and accusing me of ill motives and crying "Gavin Mac!" whenever one of your posters disagrees with your refusal to credit Khmer sources.

Your decision to handle the source link issue in a way that concerns many posters is not a "gavin" or K440 issue, it's a GONK issue, and you insult your posters' intelligence by suggesting otherwise.

We can all agree that Pedros is a twat and has a (perhaps justified) vendetta against you, but kindly leave me out of this. Thanks.
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

Cam Nivag wrote:I've made 1200 posts here and had been posting more on CEO in the last two months than on K440 and starting threads on CEO and sending links to CEO news stories to the Daily Mail.
General Mackevili wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:02 pm Gavin has all of his legacy articles over there, and also used to be a mod for them. Does anyone really think they have our best interest at heart? Of course not, they want to see CEO fail,
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Cam Nivag wrote:
I've made 1200 posts here and had been posting more on CEO in the last two months than on K440 and starting threads on CEO and sending links to CEO news stories to the Daily Mail. Your suggestion that I'm trying to "mess things up for CEO" and "want to see CEO fail" is either paranoid delusion or a disingenuous attempt to "attack the messenger" on an issue that more than a dozen other posters have expressed concern about.

You have asked me since to drop the issue and I have. I would appreciate if you stopped bashing me here and accusing me of ill motives and crying "Gavin Mac!" whenever one of your posters disagrees with your refusal to credit Khmer sources.
Ok, ok, I've gone a bit overboard. Apologies. You did "drop it" and thanks for that. :assasin:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:46 am
Cam Nivag wrote:

Ok, ok, I've gone a bit overboard. Apologies. You did "drop it" and thanks for that. :assasin:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

Only way to sort this nonsense out is to have a good old fashioned punch up down riverside then have a beer afterwards.

Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic