Administration/Moderation Concerns?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Post by Cam Nivag »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:06 am knowing what i know about users/page views, bot, etc these number mean nada to me

Just now
In total there are 2426 users online :: 85 registered, 4 hidden and 2337 guests (based on users active over the past 360 minutes)
Most users ever online was 6675 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:29 am
only number really relevant is REGISTERED users, guests is meaningless
Why are guests irrelevant? GONK promotes CEO on Facebook and a lot of people click on the links and visit the forum who aren't posting members or who don't log in. Why shouldn't their views count, to advertisers and to anyone else measuring the success of the forum?

Anyway, you're just an ex-K440 rabble rouser stirring up trouble here. Let's ban him, guys!
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:03 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:06 am knowing what i know about users/page views, bot, etc these number mean nada to me

Just now
In total there are 2426 users online :: 85 registered, 4 hidden and 2337 guests (based on users active over the past 360 minutes)
Most users ever online was 6675 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:29 am
only number really relevant is REGISTERED users, guests is meaningless
Why are guests irrelevant? GONK promotes CEO on Facebook and a lot of people click on the links and visit the forum who aren't posting members or who don't log in. Why shouldn't their views count, to advertisers and to anyone else measuring the success of the forum?

Anyway, you're just an ex-K440 rabble rouser stirring up trouble here. Let's ban him, guys!
Richard is convinced all the guests are bots. Bots who are curious about Cambodia, apparently.

Anyway, I thought GONK banhammered your ass back to the stone age.

meatophum
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by meatophum »

What happens at 1,000,000 clicks? does google give a certificate?
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

meatophum wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:35 am What happens at 1,000,000 clicks? ?
GONK spooges in his khakis.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i think they send you a set of teaspoons with mountain view california coat of arms on the handle.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

xxxxxxx wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:21 amRichard is convinced all the guests are bots. Russian Bots who are curious about Cambodia, because it's way worse than Thailand, apparently.
FTFY
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

xxxxxxx wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:42 am
meatophum wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:35 am What happens at 1,000,000 clicks? ?
GONK spooges in his khakis.
I had to look that up. Cool word. Spooge. It's like a cross between 'Ooooh!' and a sponge.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:18 am
Username Taken wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:14 am Why is guests meaningless?

We were all guests before becoming members. Guests are a pool of potential members.
because they may not be real people, u seriously believe their are 2337 Guest browsing the site now??
it doesnt say there are 2337 guests browsing the site now... it says 2337 guests have visited the site in the past 360 minutes :facepalm:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:27 pm
How to delete my account and posts?
Sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't find it in settings or by searching.
there is actually no easy way to do it without some sql knowledge that can cost a fair bit of money, please contact general mac directly by PM for this request.
i for one will be really sad to see you go as your building contributions are highly interesting.
Oh, come on..... A fair bit of money? Anyone with a 40 hour course and the table structure of the database will be able to write simple queries like this.

And even more: I am pretty sure all the mods (or at least the 'super mod', depending on how you all organized it...) have some wizard-like search function where you can search for posts from a certain user by filling in a user name (maybe even by selecting from a list of all users in the system to prevent typos...) in a search field. If you have that you can search for posts from a certain user, select all, and.... delete.... With zero spending. Of course it will mess with the order of the thread, but I don't think there's a technical reason for not doing it - unless the forum has been set up by absolute beginners. In that case you will soon face problems with scaling it.

If you have a 'dev' working for you I strongly suggest you not just let him/her write one time queries, but also let hem or her implement the queries as a kind of wizard in the mod menu so you can use 'm over and over with different variables.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Oh, come on..... A fair bit of money? Anyone with a 40 hour course and the table structure of the database will be able to write simple queries like this.
i can't. I would have to pay a contractor.
maybe UT can.
GM...... maybe not
Jamie?
I highly doubt that there is a fund of capital for these requests.
As far as I can make out, the forum is wholly subsidised by GM.
That is why i referred whiteribbon's request to GM.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic