Car Road Tax

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Sailorman
Expatriate

Car Road Tax

Post by Sailorman »

Does anyone know when the car road tax is due? I've never been able to pin down a date. Is there a web site showing the rate? The due date always seems like secret.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Car Road Tax

Post by StroppyChops »

Sailorman wrote:Does anyone know when the car road tax is due? I've never been able to pin down a date. Is there a web site showing the rate? The due date always seems like secret.
I've asked the same thing recently and it seems to depend on when the stickers/certificates get printed...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I got some great new today. My road tax for my Landmonster has been $500. but this year they lowered it to $200. happy me :-)
My Cambodian friends are going to check my paperwork to see when I need to pay it.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Sailorman wrote:Does anyone know when the car road tax is due? I've never been able to pin down a date. Is there a web site showing the rate? The due date always seems like secret.
Do let us know please... no idea either.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

Typically it's open for a couple months or until they run out of stickers :)
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Went to the tax office yesterday and was clearly told that it will be sold till December.
There is a new system in place already and the possibility to add 5000rl to receive a card in a few months that will further automatize 2016 tax payment.
Eros
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Eros »

Paid mine today, got a shock as it increased 100,000 rl.

Last 5 years it was always 150,000 this year 250,000

i was expecting it to go down....
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

My Cambodian friend (who owns a repair shop in Snooky), got mine for me last month. He also got me a plastic card for my truck that he says next year I just take to the bank and pay my tax. He also got my inspection sticker (without an inspection.)
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Eros wrote:Paid mine today, got a shock as it increased 100,000 rl.

Last 5 years it was always 150,000 this year 250,000

i was expecting it to go down....
Why don't you just do what the locals do by driving on the pavement, therefore not having to pay road tax?
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Eros
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Eros »

what pavement? u can only walk a few feet on the congested shit everywhere pavements here... let alone drive on them.

But... stupid is as stupid does... right....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic