39th anniversary of the Fall of Saigon

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

39th anniversary of the Fall of Saigon

Post by Milord »

... Consider for a moment those last few days before the fall of Saigon. Imagine your friends, colleagues, relatives who, in the grip of the Communists, will be tortured then killed all because they know or work for you. Back in the day, the Communists had a deserved reputation for brutality. According to Olive Drab “In total, from 1957 to 1973, the Viet Cong assassinated 36,725 South Vietnamese and abducted another 58,499. The VC death squads focused on leaders at the village level and on anyone who improved the lives of the peasants such as medical personnel, social workers, civil engineers, and schoolteachers. For the Communist forces, atrocities were a matter of policy and were not hidden or punished.”[1] For those already screaming the U.S. also committed atrocities, the answer is yes, but not as a matter of public policy, although enforcement could have been better. ...
http://coldwarwarrior.com/2014/04/22/un ... #more-1168
taranis
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: 39th anniversary of the Fall of Saigon

Post by taranis »

404 Not Found
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 39th anniversary of the Fall of Saigon

Post by Pizzalover »

...but not as a matter of public policy....

I think that they had farmed out that part of the job to the South Vietnamese regime. Nice try, I m sure you can do better next time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic