Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Hi all, just joined and thought I would introduce myself. I have been in Cambodia awhile now and thought I would give these for thingies a go.
anticon
Tourist

Post by anticon »

Lived in Cambodia for 4 years.. just recently upgraded to another Asian country but still love to keep up with whats happening over there. :beer1:
Knowledge is power arm yourself!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

kiwiincambodia wrote:Hi all, just joined and thought I would introduce myself. I have been in Cambodia awhile now and thought I would give these for thingies a go.
Glad you signed up, and thanks for introducing yourself.
anticon wrote:... just recently upgraded to another Asian country
Upgraded? Are you trying to insult us or something?

Image JK

Welcome, and glad you're still interested in Cambodia even though you've found yourself some greener pastures.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
barfly
Tourist

Post by barfly »

Hi,
I've been in Cambodia a few years now, semi-retired. Spent too much time in bars and searching out the stranger aspects of Phnom Penh nightlife. Hope to liven up the VIP Nightlife section - felt too constrained in the other forum.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Introduce Yourself

Post by Username Taken »

Hello, my name is Username Taken,

Up until August last year, I was a member of another Cambodian forum. Sadly, my account was deleted because I had a different opinion to that of the forum's owner. I had never been warned, or sin-binned at any time prior to this, and received no notification of my banning. There were quite a few who fell that weekend. Nice to see some of them on here.
:greet:

Unlike OrangeDragon, cambod, General-Z and others who all received life-time bans, not only was I banned but all my posts were deleted as well. Man, I must have really pissed him off!

Congratulations guys! The site looks great.
Good luck

Karma comes in many forms, <<MOD EDIT: Please remember to not use anyone's real name. Thx, GenMack>>! :evil:
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

anticon wrote:Lived in Cambodia for 4 years.. just recently upgraded to another Asian country but still love to keep up with whats happening over there. :beer1:
Yo! "upgraded to another Asian country"...that's a joke, right? That, Mate, is impossible...what? Singapore? Cambodia Rules!!

If you left it's because you the Kingdom rejected you! Ha!
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

dagenham wrote:
anticon wrote:Lived in Cambodia for 4 years.. just recently upgraded to another Asian country but still love to keep up with whats happening over there. :beer1:
Yo! "upgraded to another Asian country"...that's a joke, right? That, Mate, is impossible...what? Singapore? Cambodia Rules!!

Dagenham, do you think you could be a bit more respectful to people over here than you are over at K440? You are the only one that I have noticed who has ventured over from K440 that is acting this way. Every post of yours on here so far is pretty much an attempt at picking a fight or insulting someone which is the same shit you do on K440. It is not needed here and if you want to troll, there is a site with a lot more victims for you. I would personally love to see this forum succeed, even more so with you involved in it. Understand that as long as people continue to act like cunts to each other, this will never happen.

Thanks and I would love to see my advice applied to everyone, not just ol Dagenham here.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
dagenham wrote:

Dagenham, do you think you could be a bit more respectful to people over here than you are over at K440? You are the only one that I have noticed who has ventured over from K440 that is acting this way. Every post of yours on here so far is pretty much an attempt at picking a fight or insulting someone which is the same shit you do on K440. It is not needed here and if you want to troll, there is a site with a lot more victims for you. I would personally love to see this forum succeed, even more so with you involved in it. Understand that as long as people continue to act like cunts to each other, this will never happen.

Thanks and I would love to see my advice applied to everyone, not just ol Dagenham here.
^ Well said. 100% agree. :plus1:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

barfly wrote:Hi,
Hope to liven up the VIP Nightlife section - felt too constrained in the other forum.
You rock!!!! See you in there. :evil:

Username Taken wrote:Hello, my name is Username Taken,

Up until August last year, I was a member of another Cambodian forum. Sadly, my account was deleted because I had a different opinion to that of the forum's owner. I had never been warned, or sin-binned at any time prior to this, and received no notification of my banning. There were quite a few who fell that weekend. Nice to see some of them on here.
:greet:

Unlike OrangeDragon, cambod, General-Z and others who all received life-time bans, not only was I banned but all my posts were deleted as well. Man, I must have really pissed him off!
Hey man, long time no see!!! Glad you found your way over!!

Have fun over here, and feel free to have different opinions than everyone else!!! It's your right!! And while we are happy to have people come on here and talk about almost anything they want, I remind everyone to make sure you don't use anyone's names.

Catch you later!!

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote: I would personally love to see this forum succeed, even more so with you involved in it. Understand that as long as people continue to act like cunts to each other, this will never happen.

Hellz yeah, very well said, thx!!! And very fair not to single Daggers out, as it applies to everyone.

@Daggers
I love your funny posts man, but do me a small favor and try to be a tad bit nicer. Sir Q is right that we really need to be nicer to our fellow CEOers. :beer2:

Even I have been nicer to everyone (shocking, right?) and I plan to stay as my jolly good ol' self!!!!!

We are all responsible for the atmosphere that gets created here on CEO, and I want it to be less negative all the way around!! And of course, we live in Cambodia, so I still want to keep it fun and crazy, but take the niceness up a notch. Thanks dude. :dm:

And again, it's not directed at anyone in particular, just us as a whole!!!!! :Yahoo!:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

I've lived 17 years in Cambodia, eleven of them rurally. I used to post on the other forum under the handle of....forget it. Now get off my tits.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic