Administration/Moderation Concerns?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Post by Kampong Spooner »

Why does any post which points out that a complete untruth has been told (in this case the sources clearly written in the provided links) get deleted?

It's as if someone doesn't want to admit they are wrong #goagainstyourownrules
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Hi,

What does 'report closed' mean?

I'm guessing thread deleted/locked?

First time I've seen it in my notifications
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Kampong Spooner wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:31 am Why does any post which points out that a complete untruth has been told (in this case the sources clearly written in the provided links) get deleted?

It's as if someone doesn't want to admit they are wrong #goagainstyourownrules
But you don't provide links.

"From kohsantepheapdaily.com" is the source but is not a link. Gavin wants full urls with links.

:hattip:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

that genius wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:19 pm Hi,

I'm guessing that it means that a post that you reported has been closed (the report, that is).
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Username Taken wrote:
that genius wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:19 pm Hi,

I'm guessing that it means that a post that you reported has been closed (the report, that is).
Yeah, I've been clearing out old reports that we've already addressed. We can either "close" or "delete" them, so you're just getting notified that I've closed them.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
batshitcrazyweirdo
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by batshitcrazyweirdo »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:16 am
batshitcrazyweirdo wrote:Yeah ... naaaaa ... nice try though, General.

Have at him.
Haha, don't worry, he'll be back on khmer440 within minutes, and if my predictions are right, he'll be on his best behavior there for a while, as he tries to show everyone he is our loss, probably by helping Pedros with the news, and kinda has to post links himself now, so he doesn't seem like a hypocrite. Will he give Pedros grief for having no links? You know my prediction, LoL.

We can't please everyone on CEO, but hey, we do give it our best shot.
K. Made yer point. Touche.

Oops!!!!!! Fergot to post my link. Jolly!!!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

batshitcrazyweirdo wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:16 am
Haha, don't worry, he'll be back on khmer440 within minutes, and if my predictions are right, he'll be on his best behavior there for a while, as he tries to show everyone he is our loss, probably by helping Pedros with the news, and kinda has to post links himself now, so he doesn't seem like a hypocrite. Will he give Pedros grief for having no links? You know my prediction, LoL.
K. Made yer point. Touche.
Haha, Gavin (and pretty much the entire Old Forum) is so predictable, which is one of the many reasons we have been growing and they have been shrinking. You can expect to see a lot more effort from him to get The Old Forum back to the old glory days, so have fun with him.

Anyways, I thank everyone who continues to participate on CEO, as we have come a long way, and will continue to grow. You should all take a lot of pride knowing that more people read CEO now than ever before, and it's because YOU GUYS all have interesting things to say to the world. Nobody wants to read a forum where people just want to moan and complain. We work hard to give everyone here a voice, and the widest audience possible, and that requires a lot of judgment calls on our behalf.

CEO is almost 4 years old now, and we have changed our strategies several times, and you can almost guarantee we'll continue modifying our strategies as we see fit while we get more experienced. But you can be sure it will always be in order to make CEO as successful as we can, so all of us can be heard when we express our opinions and discuss the news, etc.

Again, almost all the news outlets use stories from CEO without even name dropping us, and that's just the way it is, whether it hurts Gavin's ego that's tied up on the old forum or not, LoL.
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:00 am
PS:just saw Murray's ad,
wtf $10/hour to play squash!!! :stir:
Haha, not all sports are for cheap Charlies, and the space takes up half a floor, so I don't know how cheap you'd expect it.

And it's nice to see someone take their business promotions over to CEO after something like 8 years elsewhere. I assume that it will start being a trend, as advertisers want as much bang for their buck as they can get, and having an ad on the busiest expat forum in Cambodia is a no-brainer.

We should all be proud to get more advertisers, as it gives us more cash to invest in CEO even further.

We were getting about 50,000 visitors a month last year with about 500,000 pageviews, followed by 60,000 visitors and about 600,000 pageviews on average lately, and we hit an all-time high of over 70,000 visitors and 700,000 page views this past month, and the numbers seem to be trending up and up, which is awesome!

I guarantee everyone that the CEO team will continue working hard to give you all the action your voices deserve, and that we all have fun expressing.

There will always be haters who want to come on here and disrupt our progress we've made with the expat community, but we will be vigilant in making sure that we success in providing the best place for all of us to discuss anything and everything related to Cambodia and the region.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:06 am
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:48 am Agree with Gavinmac.
Great so those in agreement with posting source links are:

Cam Nivag
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
taabarang
Rama
phuketrichard
ali baba
Jaap N.
randompeeps
Anchor Moy
kiwiincambodia
barang_doa_slae
BOFH
General Mackevili in 2015 and
Username Taken in 2015-16

Those opposed are:

Jamie_Lambo
General Mackevili in 2018
and Username Taken in 2018
im not opposed, its just not something i feel as dramatically strongly about as you to the point where i need to constantly troll about it
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

We need StoppyChops to write a rabbit story about this so everyone can follow what’s going on and what the big deal is.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:06 am
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:48 am Agree with Gavinmac.
Great so those in agreement with posting source links are:

Cam Nivag
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
taabarang
Rama
phuketrichard
ali baba
Jaap N.
randompeeps
Anchor Moy
kiwiincambodia
barang_doa_slae
BOFH
General Mackevili in 2015 and
Username Taken in 2015-16

Those opposed are:

Jamie_Lambo
General Mackevili in 2018
and Username Taken in 2018

You can add me to that list.

I complained now and then, but after a few times it became clear it's a waste of time.

It's not even about "stealing" content from Khmer news, or elsewhere, I don't particularly care.

However, CEO is often the first and only place that Khmer news gets translated and shared. Case in point, a recent accident report about a head on motorcycle/van accident on the Koh Kong road.

It wasn't clear from the article whether he was OK, but from the photos he didn't look in great shape. IF he was seriously injured, having a link to the news source means his friends and family might be able to promptly contact the news outlet to find out more information that might not have made it to press, like a location of the victim, or where the victim was transported to.

Instead, they'd have to waste precious time to try to scour all khmer news sources for the article.

It's the simplest thing to do. Not sure why CEO is so adamantly against it. All explanations are all, "this is how we roll", which is shallow and dickish.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic