My review of Mother India (Phnom Penh Riverside)

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: My review of Mother India (Phnom Penh Riverside)

Post by Duncan »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 am I'll post more when I'm not trying to do it with fat fingers and a small phone, but in the meantime -- how much fun is it to receive all these suggestions for other Indian places? I can't get enough Indian food, even though it tears, me, *up*.

Anyone tried this new place on street 5

Image ;)
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by doktor_d »

Sher-e-punjab is my favourite in Phnom Penh.

Almost always a handful of Indian customers in there which says a lot IMO..
Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

doktor_d wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:46 pm Sher-e-punjab is my favourite in Phnom Penh.

Almost always a handful of Indian customers in there which says a lot IMO..
There are far more Indians in Phnom Penh than many might realize, and there have been for a long time. Every Indian restaurant I've ever frequented here outside of some riverside places have had a large Indian clientele. What might appeal to the Indians who go to one place would not necessarily appeal to those who go to others with different regional cuisines.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Abc123 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:00 am Does anyone rember the name of the Indian restaurant that was on Riverside about 6 or 7 years ago? Was it the Shar E Punjab? If so, it was highly recommended by a group of Indians I met who said it was good authentic Indian food. I just tried to look on Google maps and it seems that, if it was the place, it's moved round the corner now.
It's got good reviews on trip advisor. I was thinking about trying an Indian soon, so I may just eat there this week and report back.
Unless people post a bad review here before.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... _Penh.html
my mate swears by this place, hes always getting a take away from there lol :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic