Do you carry your passport/copy?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Do you carry your passport/copy?

I never leave home without it.
4%
Sometimes.
21%
Never.
75%

Total votes: 24
Mooser
Expatriate

Re: Do you carry your passport/copy?

Post by Mooser »

Always, for identification purposes if anything.
I get hit by a car or something, how will they identify me?
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:
dagenham wrote:You're brain dead and beyond "gone local" if you don't keep a copy of your passport in your bike/moto along with contact info (relatives/friends in area who will help you out) and insurance info (if applicable)...what happens when you get hit and pass out?

Also, if you don't have a Khmer drivers license you're an idiot - what happens when you get into an accident with a local involving serious injury/death?

Uhh..it'll never happen to me..uhh..

Back in the "real world" you would never drive anything anywhere without needed documents/licenses...

but that's why all the fleeing "Libertarians" from the totalitarian, fascist, PC "Nanny State" are here - so they don't have to ever do anything sensible and responsible...
My god, you're so uptight it hurts. I've NEVER carried my passport (or a copy of it) with me. In fact, I'd say it's irresponsible to carry it around as you could easily lose it or have it stolen.
Operative word here is "photocopy"...you might want to read a bit slower, mate. Never carry your original...

Everyone should have a copy of their passport and contact details on them somewhere. Obviously. Uptight? Common sense.
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Digg3r wrote: Just a word of warning. When I had a motorbike crash in the kingdom in 2010 while I lay fucked up on the road i had to fend off the locals from trying to steal my phone out of my pocket.
This is the reality.
There is no one who wants to see who you are so they can get you help or contact any insurance company.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

beaker wrote:
Digg3r wrote: Just a word of warning. When I had a motorbike crash in the kingdom in 2010 while I lay fucked up on the road i had to fend off the locals from trying to steal my phone out of my pocket.
This is the reality.
There is no one who wants to see who you are so they can get you help or contact any insurance company.
Be careful here, OD will call you and mooser sick in the head and obsessive/compulsive for taking the precaution to have photocopies of ID and contact info...it's anti-Libertarian after all....
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

StroppyChops wrote:
dagenham wrote:
vladimir wrote:OD, I suggest you get a scan of your passport photo page.

Just in case.
He can't on account of principle...he's a radical Libertarian...ha!
Just sayin', brother, but it's getting old now... maybe bash religion for a while?
Oh no...Stroppy Bear is a missionary and...a Libertarian...hmmm...don't make no sense - Libs despise rules and regulations (of any kind whatsoever) and that "good book" of yours is nothing but a massive list of what you can't do. Or you go due south forever on the flaming fires of permanent barbeque-land.

So which is it, Bro? That good 'ol Boy image you are rockin' can only be so flexible you know?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

dagenham wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:
dagenham wrote:You're brain dead and beyond "gone local" if you don't keep a copy of your passport in your bike/moto along with contact info (relatives/friends in area who will help you out) and insurance info (if applicable)...what happens when you get hit and pass out?

Also, if you don't have a Khmer drivers license you're an idiot - what happens when you get into an accident with a local involving serious injury/death?

Back in the "real world" you would never drive anything anywhere without needed documents/licenses...

but that's why all the fleeing "Libertarians" from the totalitarian, fascist, PC "Nanny State" are here - so they don't have to ever do anything sensible and responsible...
My god, you're so uptight it hurts. I've NEVER carried my passport (or a copy of it) with me. In fact, I'd say it's irresponsible to carry it around as you could easily lose it or have it stolen.
Operative word here is "photocopy"...you might want to read a bit slower, mate. Never carry your original...

Everyone should have a copy of their passport and contact details on them somewhere. Obviously. Uptight? Common sense.
Why would you need a copy of your passport? Any piece of ID would identify you in case of an accident.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:
dagenham wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:

Why would you need a copy of your passport? Any piece of ID would identify you in case of an accident.
Toto, you're not in Kansas anymore...maybe the embassy might get involved if you're wrapped in plastic and duct tape and taken to the dump...better question - why not a copy of your passport?

Yes, any ID is better than none, but contact details for people here who might help you out in case of emergency sounds like a pretty wise thing to do...

oh yeah, right, I know already...it aint happened yet and you're different - nothing will ever happen to you, and on and on and on...

whatever...it's your possible fate in question here - who really cares anyway?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

dagenham wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
dagenham wrote:

Just in case.
Just sayin', brother, but it's getting old now... maybe bash religion for a while?
Oh no...Stroppy Bear is a missionary and...a Libertarian...hmmm...don't make no sense - Libs despise rules and regulations (of any kind whatsoever) and that "good book" of yours is nothing but a massive list of what you can't do. Or you go due south forever on the flaming fires of permanent barbeque-land.

So which is it, Bro? That good 'ol Boy image you are rockin' can only be so flexible you know?
There we go! Combine the best of both worlds! Onyer, cobber!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

StroppyChops wrote:
dagenham wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
dagenham wrote:

Just in case.

There we go! Combine the best of both worlds! Onyer, cobber!
Ha! Gotcha...yer either a fake Missionary or...a fake Libertarian...ha! Can a true Libertarian tell Jesus to get lost if he wants to sin 'cause he don't take orders from no one - ever? Can't answer that one, eh?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

You spend a huge amount of time and effort trying to be able to say 'gotcha'. Don't you have any hobbies?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic