Mosquito zappers?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Old8404
Expatriate
United States of America

Mosquito zappers?

Post by Old8404 »

Any luck with using mosquito zappers? Not the thing that looks like a tennis racquet - those work great just have to be agile enough to swat them. I see various ones at Home Fix and Home Top. Internet query says they are not effective but there sure are a lot being sold. any positive results?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Mosquito zappers?

Post by pczz »

Old8404 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:27 pm Any luck with using mosquito zappers? Not the thing that looks like a tennis racquet - those work great just have to be agile enough to swat them. I see various ones at Home Fix and Home Top. Internet query says they are not effective but there sure are a lot being sold. any positive results?
Scalet red covered in thai writing. electic thing with a bottle. Last 60 days and work 100% for me. Sometimes in Aeon, or super duper or even thai hout. About $6.

The ones that take tablets and the yellow or blue liquid ones haven't been very successful. None of them work if you have too much ventilation.
Sonic ones work. My mate downloaded the sound file on his apple and we had an amusing time chasing mosquitoes with it, they hate it. Another one was great with dogs, whimpering cos it was hurting their ears
Old8404
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Old8404 »

PCZZ, Thank you - will give this a try.
Manga
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Manga »

This works for me:

Closing all doors and windows around dawn and dusk time, then any remaining mozzies in the room I kill with a swift clap of two hands.
The dead mozzie I feed to my pet resident gecko !
exoterre
Expatriate
Greenland

Post by exoterre »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citronella_oil
save the world dont use

Old8404
Expatriate
are you real expat living here ? 2years half for this post ?
bienheureux le simple d esprit car il et misericordieux
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

You bump an old post and complain about the date?

Pretty odd!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic