Cricket in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Cricket in Cambodia

Post by willyhilly »

Are there still kids playing cricket on Saturday mornings on those football courts near the Oz Embassy. An Indian shop entrepreneur from Hong Kong had ICC funding and was starting up cricket years ago. I kicked myself for not doing the same thing. But the Facebook page is stalled at 2011.
My Cambodian girls have taken to cricket like ducks to water, it seems to suit Khmers. You don’t have to be big and strong to be a good cricketer. I must write to the ICC and see what happened. I know the Indian guy was an opportunist and knew fuck all about coaching or cricket.
Thai cricket is thriving, the women are terrific. That whole set up is run by an Indian Mafia. They always wanted my son to play World Cup qualifying games but he was too busy. And they wouldn’t pay him.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Cricket in Cambodia

Post by prahocalypse now »

With all the victims of landmines in this country, there's no shortage of stumps.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

And with all the bar girls no shortage of sticky wickets.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

If you only select Cambodian batsmen who suffer from frequent stomach aches and diarrhea, they'll always get the runs.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

willyhilly wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:26 am Are there still kids playing cricket on Saturday mornings on those football courts near the Oz Embassy. An Indian shop entrepreneur from Hong Kong had ICC funding and was starting up cricket years ago. I kicked myself for not doing the same thing. But the Facebook page is stalled at 2011.
My Cambodian girls have taken to cricket like ducks to water, it seems to suit Khmers. You don’t have to be big and strong to be a good cricketer. I must write to the ICC and see what happened. I know the Indian guy was an opportunist and knew fuck all about coaching or cricket.
Thai cricket is thriving, the women are terrific. That whole set up is run by an Indian Mafia. They always wanted my son to play World Cup qualifying games but he was too busy. And they wouldn’t pay him.
You really dont want to put khmer in a competitive game and give them pointy bits of wood to stab each other with and clubs as well. The motorbike races they had on koh pich clealy showed that thry are not waiting for tge refs decision
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Thanks, funny thread. I think the Indian shot through. I don’t think cricket will ever get a foothold now. Opportunity for Australia to show the flag. For a few millions over five years there would be great progress.
RunnerB
Tourist
Christmas Island

Post by RunnerB »

There's a children's cricket class run by coach Andy Hains at Cool Sport Club on Street 135 between Streets 474 and 478 on Fridays from 4.30pm to 5.30pm. He also runs football and karate classes.
manu
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by manu »

willyhilly wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:26 am Are there still kids playing cricket on Saturday mornings on those football courts near the Oz Embassy. An Indian shop entrepreneur from Hong Kong had ICC funding and was starting up cricket years ago. I kicked myself for not doing the same thing. But the Facebook page is stalled at 2011.
hi willyhilly i hope u know education play a important role in life but is this apply on you????

why i m saying that reason is
1. i m the one who runs cricket near oz embassy ant that was free for every one to play and i was the one who pay money to ground from my pocket
2. only selected schools children comes to play name of schools children come to play name of schools is CIA SCHOOL AND GREEN PACIFIC SCHOOL you can confirm from that school management that nothing charged from them.
3. https://www.icc-cricket.com/
http://www.asiancricket.org/
i m giving you the website of ICC & ACC you can send them a mail and check that no money till writing this post received from them.

in last 7 year not a single cent cricket equipment sold here in Cambodia by my company yes but donet to some school for free

and FYI i play in hong kong sunday league pls go online and check stats

cricket is a gentleman's game thats why you didnt understand a thing before wrote lie in your post check then blame

good luck
nyambay
Tourist
Azerbaijan

Post by nyambay »

wouldn't mind a hit if someone (not me) organises anything
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Don’t get off your bike Manu. I never suggested any corruption but you were funded by the ICC. Well done. From what I witnessed you were a poor coach. Do you have any qualifications?
Thailand has done well at cricket, the women are pretty impressive. But it is run by an Indian mafia unfortunately.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic