Don't attempt to discuss the Israel-Palestine conflict

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: Don't attempt to discuss the Israel-Palestine conflict

Post by Soi Dog »

OrangeDragon wrote:3 won't work... because of the religious significance of Jerusalem they'll never go for it.
There were other options on offer for where to move the European Jews (including what is now Kenya). All other options were rejected outright by whoever were designated spokesmen of the Jewish prople. I imagine the world would be faced with similar problems no matter where they were established, as every option contained no approval with the existing, local inhabitants...and was basically stealing land from the native population.
taranis
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by taranis »

404 Not Found
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Soi Dog wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:3 won't work... because of the religious significance of Jerusalem they'll never go for it.
There were other options on offer for where to move the European Jews (including what is now Kenya). All other options were rejected outright by whoever were designated spokesmen of the Jewish prople. I imagine the world would be faced with similar problems no matter where they were established, as every option contained no approval with the existing, local inhabitants...and was basically stealing land from the native population.
Move them to Ordos. 335 Sq Km inhabited by only 20,000 people who actually would rather be somewhere else but can't afford to go.

Buy them out, demark it as it's own "country" (its right on a desert even) and give it to them.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

OrangeDragon wrote:3 won't work... because of the religious significance of jerusalem they'll never go for it.
No shit.

Look, the Arab neighbors of the Palestinians have never given a flying fuck about them and aren't about to jeopardize their own existence on their behalf. Read the history, all their so called support has been completely self serving. There's a great story about the king of Jordan (in the 40s I believe) confronting a mob demanding the destruction of Israel, to which the King responded by inquiring which of the noisemakers would sign up that day for army service dedicated to that project. Needless to say his point was made. Netanyahu and Hamas both have their heads up their asses and it will take the second coming (or first depending on your perspective) to sort things out. Vladimir also has his head up his ass on this, as there plenty of Israelis and Americans with critical views of Israel government policies.
Using Tapatalk
taranis
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by taranis »

404 Not Found
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

JBTrain wrote: Look, the Arab neighbors of the Palestinians have never given a flying fuck about them and aren't about to jeopardize their own existence on their behalf. Read the history, all their so called support has been completely self serving. There's a great story about the king of Jordan (in the 40s I believe) confronting a mob demanding the destruction of Israel, to which the King responded by inquiring which of the noisemakers would sign up that day for army service dedicated to that project.
So much has changed since the 1940's that that anecdote is irrelevant to today's views of die-hard Islamist militant jihadists, of which there are now legions. The views of the Arab rulers are practically insignificant at this point. Conventional, sovereign military are no longer required to cause mass death and near total destruction. Someday the Syrian and Iraqi conflicts will come to some conclusion, and most probably one not pleasing to the West. With the amount of money, sophisticated weaponry and a near constant supply of willing, combat experienced, and blood-thirsty, wanna-be "martyrs" available to Islamist terror groups...Israel's days seem numbered. And it gives me no pleasure in coming to that conclusion, as the death toll of innocent civilians on all sides will be horrendous.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

JBTrain wrote:Vladimir also has his head up his ass on this, as there plenty of Israelis and Americans with critical views of Israel government policies.
Show me one place where I stated that no Israelis or Americans (or even where I said ' few') criticise the Israeli government, and I'll buy you a bottle of really good wine.

And if you can't, you buy me one, OK?

I mean it.

You do know the difference between a government's foreign policy and a citizen, right?

Your head is up your arse, assuming things I have not said. Are you and Soi Dog related? You need to stop making unreasonable inferences based on what I write and deal with facts.

At no time have I EVER suggested that the Israeli leadership has 100% support from the population, nor have I EVER stated that I think there are only a few Americans who don't support Israel.

Even a cursory knowledge of the demographics of (mostly) the Democratic Party in the US and of Israeli politics would tell an idiot that.

Jesus. What crappy deflection attempts, my cat could do better. :? :lol:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Now they are shelling UN schools.

That must take courage, killing women and children.

Schmucks.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Breaking News: Palestine model shot dead in Israel

I hope it was Wallace, and not Gromit
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I guess the deafening silence means no bottle of wine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic