Administration/Moderation Concerns?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Post by General Mackevili »

pczz wrote:speeds gone back to variable again. mostly delay submitting a post
pczz wrote:just timed the above 9 seconds from click to finish submit
Yeah, thanks. Our next "big" project is getting CEO lightening fast. If all goes well, people will start reporting that it's too fast within a week.

We should have gotten on it this week, but we have done so many updates on it already, we decided to wait a bit to make sure step 1 of getting things fast went smooth.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

Normally, when I am on CEO but not logged in, and I want to reply to a thread, I click reply and it prompts me to log in then lets me respond. Today, CEO threw an exception. I had to log in and then navigate back to the post. I pasted the error message below. It seems that the maintenance the other day may have caused a regression bug.

"SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'ceo_phpbb_prod.q.question_id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by [1055]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists."

Edit* Am I the only poster on here that doesn't bother to log in until I want to post something? This is like the third time I've found a bug that requires not being logged in to recreate the issue.
Last edited by kptic on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

kptic wrote:Normally, when I am on CEO but not logged in, and I want to reply to a thread, I click reply and it prompts me to log in then lets me respond. Today, CEO threw an exception. I had to log in and then navigate back to the post. I pasted the error message below. It seems that the maintenance the other day may have caused a regression bug.

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'ceo_phpbb_prod.q.question_id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by [1055]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Thanks for the detailed report! I am able to replicate it exactly as you described, so I'll get this over to the developer and fairly certain they can get it sorted ASAP.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

kptic wrote:
Edit* Am I the only poster on here that doesn't bother to log in until I want to post something? This is like the third time I've found a bug that requires not being logged in to recreate the issue.
Haha, maybe so. I generally try to stay logged in, and I assume most do to, but this last one you described will definitely affect more people, as I assume a lot of new people click that when they first land on CEO, and then register.

I'll report back, but I assume that it can easily be fixed.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:29 am
kptic wrote:
Haha, maybe so. I generally try to stay logged in, and I assume most do to, but this last one you described will definitely affect more people, as I assume a lot of new people click that when they first land on CEO, and then register.

I don't know php, but I use SQL a lot, so I think this could be the issue:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/349 ... olumn?lq=1

Easy fix if so.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

kptic wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:29 am
kptic wrote:

I don't know php, but I use SQL a lot, so I think this could be the issue:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/349 ... olumn?lq=1

Easy fix if so.
Yeah, all that shit is Greek to me, but I think you're on the right track at least, as the dev was definitely messing with sql. I've already forwarded this to them, and hopefully they can get it sorted today sometime.

When we first started CEO I thought, "cool, I wanna learn php." Then Orange Dragon showed me a few "simple" things and I never thought of trying to learn it again. I don't get how any humans can do that stuff. Most of us have trouble using the [ bb ] quote function half of the time. :facepalm:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

kptic wrote:Normally, when I am on CEO but not logged in, and I want to reply to a thread, I click reply and it prompts me to log in then lets me respond. Today, CEO threw an exception. I had to log in and then navigate back to the post. I pasted the error message below. It seems that the maintenance the other day may have caused a regression bug.

"SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists."

Fixed! That was a quick turnaround. Let us know if you see it again.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:44 amYeah, thanks. Our next "big" project is getting CEO lightening fast. If all goes well, people will start reporting that it's too fast within a week.
Like albino speed? :stir:
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Hey I was unable to post a photo last night from my phone, using the imgur button. I could select the photo ok but it naver made it to my post. Now I see kgbagent is haviga problem as well (see Kampot thread).

Just trying from my laptop and I'm getting the same error as him:

error

Request to: /3/image failed with: "Array"
Internal Server Error
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:38 pm Hey I was unable to post a photo last night from my phone, using the imgur button. I could select the photo ok but it naver made it to my post. Now I see kgbagent is haviga problem as well (see Kampot thread).

Just trying from my laptop and I'm getting the same error as him:

error

Request to: /3/image failed with: "Array"
Internal Server Error
Yea, join the dummys club with me.

posting.php?mode=quote&f=3&p=225235
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic