Do I have to leave Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Do I have to leave Cambodia?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

As I said, the rules are constantly changing, so until we get some recent first hand experiences posted I have just posted what is actually being happening on the ground up until now...would be great if the EG EOS is no longer a one time deal for first time E-type visa holders.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:04 pm As I said, the rules are constantly changing, so until we get some first hand experiences posted I have just posted what appears to actually ve happening on the ground up until now...would be great if the EG EOS is no longer a one time deal for first time E-type visa holders.
How many people have you heard having a problem with this so far?

Anybody know if this doc tells how much needs to be paid? I notice the payment is upfront before you submit your application.

What about tax PCZZ, Andy? Is it a complicated process to register for it yourself? Or will Kim be able to do it ?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Several. A lot of agencies were also claiming that there was no 6mth EG EOS, most of those reports were from SR though, haven't heard of anyone not being able to get a 6 mth one from PP.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:19 pm Several. A lot of agencies were also claiming that there was no 6mth EG EOS, most of those reports were from SR though, haven't heard of anyone not being able to get a 6 mth one from PP.
Cheers, but I was meaning specifically for those who would like to leave and re enter on a one month ordinary with business visa extensions already in their passports? Say at the expiration of their current extension. Then having them extended with the EG. I must admit, it doesn't seem like they would do. If you can't get an extension even for 1 month as a continuation of your business visa, I doubt if they will give you an ordinary (business visa) at the border.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:37 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:41 am
Fourkinnel wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:46 am Why not apply for a EG. I think you will have to exit country first though and get a new Ordinary visa initially, so yes you will have to leave, but come back . Good for 6 months and multi entry. After 6 months, border run , new ordinary, and repeat...
EG is a one time only deal, and will not be issued if you have previous E-type visa EOSs in your PP...but like all the visa rules, nothing is completely clear and they are constantly changing, so worth trying anyway.
I am travelling and re-entering this time next month, will get an E visa and attempt to extend to a six month EG. Having 6, 12 and 3 month EBs in my passport it'll be interesting to see if they grant it. I'll report back then. Otherwise visa run time, I guess.
That could well end up with you having to .... I don't know what. If they only decide to give you a tourist visa, I guess you might be able to get a one month tourist extension. But what about registering a business? Doesn't that have to be done on a EB or EG extension? I wonder how that would work out.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

consultancy biz with sole proprietor is only good for 3 years, as 3 years into the biz n if u still hvnt shown any biz activity or still taking a loss, ur biz , tax patent will be closed automatically, but immigration will be able to turn a blind even if biz is closed for a right amount, it all depends which way is the easiest n cheapest
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Abc123 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:08 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:19 pm Several. A lot of agencies were also claiming that there was no 6mth EG EOS, most of those reports were from SR though, haven't heard of anyone not being able to get a 6 mth one from PP.
Cheers, but I was meaning specifically for those who would like to leave and re enter on a one month ordinary with business visa extensions already in their passports? Say at the expiration of their current extension. Then having them extended with the EG. I must admit, it doesn't seem like they would do. If you can't get an extension even for 1 month as a continuation of your business visa, I doubt if they will give you an ordinary (business visa) at the border.
English?

You won't have any issue getting a 1 mth E-type VOA, it's the EOSs that are the problem.

If you have previous E-type extensions on your PP, they currently won't issue you an EG EOS.

(Not sure if that answers your question?)
Andrea4714
Tourist
Belgium

Post by Andrea4714 »

If register as an individual entrepreneur, i can be able to extend the visa (EB)?
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Andrea4714 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:15 pm If register as an individual entrepreneur, i can be able to extend the visa (EB)?
yes
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:55 pm
Abc123 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:08 pm
English?

You won't have any issue getting a 1 mth E-type VOA, it's the EOSs that are the problem.

If you have previous E-type extensions on your PP, they currently won't issue you an EG EOS.

(Not sure if that answers your question?)
Sorry, it was a bit of a dense post. Yes, that just about covers it. You're saying there is no trouble obtaining a E type ordinary one month visa at border control even if one has many EOS extensions already in their passport.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic