My God,another 17 dead in Florida

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: My God,another 17 dead in Florida

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Was hearing on the news, in America federal law allows an 18 year old to buy a AR-15 but you have to be 21 to buy a handgun??? That’s just bloody retarded.

Side note: in Florida you can buy any gun at 18 which is even more retarded than federal law.

What the hell does an 18 year old need an assault rifle for?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

it is because a sidearm can be concealed.
question is,why would anyone have a legitimate need for a military carbine?
not like it is a good deer rifle or anything.
it is designed specifically for combat.

you can own a firearm in Australia with a license. you need a reason for a license. club shooters ( target ), hunters, pest controllers and farmers can all get a license.

home defense, or formation of militias are not legitimate grounds for a license.

for those who think they may be able to overthrow the gov by armed insurrection, a quick look into the weaponry inventory of the government may change their minds.

supporters of the 2nd amendment interpretation standing today have clearly not thought much about the reality of their stance.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

phuketrichard wrote: Posted this excerpt...

Should America become more like Australia where gun control is strict??
Many people are pushing for the United States to model it’s gun policy after Australia with extremely strict gun control as well as gun confiscation. They point to Australia having “no mass shootings” since 1996 when these laws were enacted.

I would like to tell you how the media, gun control advocates and liberals are again wrong with this agenda, as well as explain to you a bit more about the Australia phenomenon. First, regardless of what the media and liberals tell you, mass shootings have occurred in Australia. Let’s look at just the last 3 years.
This is also a bit of trickery with numbers and comparing statistics. Yes, there have been 29 in America since 2011, and I do not dispute that. But let’s dig deep into numbers- Australia only has 23 million people living in it (with a large amount of those very spread out). But let’s just stick to quantity and not density. The United States has nearly 14 times as many people, at nearly 320 million. So if you compare apples to apples, if Australia had as many people as the United States and the ratio of mass killings to total populace remained the same, Australia would have 42 mass killings compared to 29 in the United States. That is 13 more!

:thumb:
https://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2016/06 ... ol-policy/
But there haven’t been only 29 mass shootings in the USA in that time period. There have been over 1,500. And 3 in Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

hanno wrote:Gun control IS the answer.
I totally agree with that. I also wish the US would have some sort of "drug control," because then it would also be impossible for drugs to cross our beloved US borders and citizens couldn't get them.

On a serious note, I think the biggest and most obvious step at this point would be to have security when entering schools. I mean, why aren't there any mass shootings IN airports? Is it because the "rules" say you're not allowed to bring guns inside as shoot people, or is it because they actually check you and prevent you from having a gun there?

To me, declaring an area "gun free" and not actually checking to make sure people follow the rule is asinine, especially for our children who are forced to be there. And since we all agree letting students come to school armed is not a serious solution, I think the most obvious solution would be to make sure nobody brings a gun by checking them.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

gun control surely will not be accomplished in our lifetime.
I agree that more security measures as seen in airports are what will come next.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:26 am what makes a 19 year old crack??

Gun control is NOT the answer. Mental health needs to step up, Schools need counselor's that can identify potential future trouble.

How about this Merica
https://www.nssf.org/firearms-education ... n-schools/

epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:06 pm why aren't there any mass shootings IN airports? Is it because the "rules" say you're not allowed to bring guns inside as shoot people, or is it because they actually check you and prevent you from having a gun there?
I can't think of any airport I've been in that has any facilities to check for weapons before immigration/passport control. Do they scan you at the entrance in the US?
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:24 pm .

What the hell does an 18 year old need an assault rifle for?
Perhaps the answer is in its name?
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:52 pm it .

supporters of the 2nd amendment interpretation standing today have clearly not thought much about the reality of their stance.
I wonder how many of them also still believe in god.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:06 pm
hanno wrote:Gun control IS the answer.
I totally agree with that. I also wish the US would have some sort of "drug control," because then it would also be impossible for drugs to cross our beloved US borders and citizens couldn't get them.

On a serious note, I think the biggest and most obvious step at this point would be to have security when entering schools. I mean, why aren't there any mass shootings IN airports? Is it because the "rules" say you're not allowed to bring guns inside as shoot people, or is it because they actually check you and prevent you from having a gun there?

To me, declaring an area "gun free" and not actually checking to make sure people follow the rule is asinine, especially for our children who are forced to be there. And since we all agree letting students come to school armed is not a serious solution, I think the most obvious solution would be to make sure nobody brings a gun by checking them.
There is gun control, background checks when they are borught an such, BUT the loopholes are big enough to drive a semi thru. At gun shows you can walk in and walk out with a used gun.
agree no reason for an 18 year old to own an assault rifle

Reading some books by Clancy ,( series is called "net force")
What they have is EVERY gun, assault rifle is tied in with your finger print, wrong print....gun cant be fired...
am sure even the NRA would have no problem with that
BUT even then it wont stop some nutter buying guns legally, ( the guy in Vegas), and shooting a crowd.

ever seethe bumper stickers in America?
"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." ( and the police,military,spies, etc..)

good debate and worth reading...
http://www.debate.org/debates/When-guns ... e-guns./1/
.....If guns are outlawed, policemen have either two choices:
1. Turn in their guns like everyone else. There is no reason for the banning of something not to include policemen.
2. Keep their guns. In this way, they and the government that operates them elevate themselves "above the law" by not following their own laws, which is what the countries described by my opponent do. And being "above the law" is "outside the law."

So, either way, anyone who has a gun is an outlaw, because either they are outside the law with guns, or within the law without. Anyone who disobeys the law is outside the law, and thus an outlaw, and that would include police officers.
Your never going to make ALL guns illegal in America... so exactly what is " GUN CONTROL"
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic