Slippery bathroom tiles strike again, Aussie lady teaching in Siem Reap hospitalized

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Slippery bathroom tiles strike again, Aussie lady teaching in Siem Reap hospitalized

Post by pczz »

Duncan wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:10 pm
SmartAston Martin wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:04 pm Ha, no, but I assume most readers can figure out they can dry the slippery surface, apply non-slip strips, and worry no more. I think like $7-$10 to do a few danger spots.

Also works for staircases, esp. metal outdoor ones in the rainy season.
Most old age pensioners with brains have sorted this problem out a long time ago. Nothing is better than a attractive bar-lady to join you in the shower to stop you slipping over.
hmm. This victim appears to be female. why would she want an attractive bar lady to join her in the shower, or do you know something we don't :stir:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Slippery bathroom tiles strike again, Aussie lady teaching in Siem Reap hospitalized

Post by Duncan »

pczz wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:39 pm
SmartAston Martin wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:04 pm Ha, no, but I assume most readers can figure out they can dry the slippery surface, apply non-slip strips, and worry no more. I think like $7-$10 to do a few danger spots.

Most old age pensioners with brains have sorted this problem out a long time ago. Nothing is better than a attractive bar-lady to join you in the shower to stop you slipping over.
hmm. This victim appears to be female. why would she want an attractive bar lady to join her in the shower, or do you know something we don't :stir:
So you dont believe in equal rights for woman ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Duncan wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:27 am
pczz wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:39 pm

So you dont believe in equal rights for woman ?
yes, so they should open ladyboy bars for them. Its very unfair that only men and lesbians can shower safely :beer3:
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Common injury for aging Westerners.

Two prominent folks died from slipping, that's the old owner OTOF, and the for er owner of Can by Publications, LTO.

Seems like a needless and ignominious way to die.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

SmartAston Martin wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:59 pm
Common injury for aging Westerners.

Two prominent folks died from slipping, that's the old owner OTOF, and the for er owner of Can by Publications, LTO.
Yeah, right. :facepalm:

Neither of them slipped on slippery bathroom tiles. And neither of them I would consider 'aging'.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Ok, fine, gain some weight and some age and slide around on wet tiles or smooth flip flops in the rain if you want.

<shrug>

Cambodian health care, emergency services, and "preventative maintenance" are not things I'd rely on.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic