ROBERT SCHMALOHR (Owner of Valentino's Nightclub) from Germany Arrested by Cambodian Authorities in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
sunwukong500
Tourist
Germany

ROBERT SCHMALOHR (Owner of Valentino's Nightclub) from Germany Arrested by Cambodian Authorities in Phnom Penh

Post by sunwukong500 »

On Friday, Feb 9 Infamous con man and owner of Valentinos, an unsuccessful gay nightclub in Phnom Pehn, Sabay Sabay Steet and the iconic Riverhouse Lounge. Robert Schmalohr was arrested by Khmer police on fraud charges stemming from his native Germany. He was also under investigation by a well known NGO dealing in child trafficking. Five underage boys were removed from his Hotel and placed in state care, Further investigations are to follow. Mr Schmalohr's entire corrupt and sleazy management team should hire lawyers.

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Robert Schmalohr Arrested by Cambodian Authorities

Post by General Mackevili »

Well damn. Do you have anything to back up these claims of his arrest? I haven't seen it in the local news yet.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:07 am Well damn. Do you have anything to back up these claims of his arrest? I haven't seen it in the local news yet.
I also don't believe the bit on the underage kids thing. sounds like a petty and vindictive swipe to fling mud at the guy and if it turns out you did make this up then sunwukong500 I hope the same happens to you. Don't know the guy and don't care but often you'll get people throwing the "underage kids" thing at people arrested with no proof, guessing you did that as he likes men. Anyway have heard rumors he is in the can awaiting deportation but as you say General nothing in any of the papers seems kinda odd.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: ROBERT SCHMALOHR (Owner of Valentino's Nightclub) from Germany Arrested by Cambodian Authorities in Phnom Penh

Post by pczz »

Was told by a local that the place was full of people taking out papers and stuff the other day, and there were staff meetings and they were all locked out. Rumour was the German had done a runner. Seemed to be a few staff working there yesterday so it looks like it may still be open. He has some nice cars and so do his business associates so they have assets if it is a local administrative issue, but that will not help if the German police have managed to get an extradition order. I would not put much credence in some of the ngos's that come under "well known NGO dealing in child trafficking". Child trafficking is not necessarily child prostitution. Children are trafficked as beggars and domestic staff and clothes factory workers and brick makers and labour on building site (which his hotel still is). They could have been with hotel guests, or staff. it will come out eventually
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: ROBERT SCHMALOHR (Owner of Valentino's Nightclub) from Germany Arrested by Cambodian Authorities in Phnom Penh

Post by General Mackevili »

Interesting pic:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Wearing bathroom slippers when meeting with Cambodian officials, that's a new one.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

angkorjohn wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:26 am

I also don't believe the bit on the underage kids thing.

I do.

I live in the street.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Curious that the OP appears seemingly purely to smear this guy. Sock account?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Hilarious him posing with the german flag when he allegedly had arrest warrants for him in Germany
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

I don't think Germany has an extradition agreement with Cambodia.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic