Foreigner in serious motorbike accident, Koh Kong

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Foreigner in serious motorbike accident, Koh Kong

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Koh Kong: On February 8, at 1 pm, an unidentified foreign man on a big motorbike had a serious accident, colliding with a tourist minivan. The motorcyclist appears to have been seriously injured, but there is no further information. The accident occurred on National Road 4 on TaTai Bridge in Koh Kong.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
violet
Expatriate

Re: Foreigner in serious motorbike accident, Koh Kong

Post by violet »

Jesus christ. I wish we could get basic life saving skills as public education initiative....at least to try to keep someone alive until help can arrive. Dreadful that people must stand around and have no idea how to help. I am assuming they would if they could.but I may be wrong
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

violet wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:50 pm Jesus christ. I wish we could get basic life saving skills as public education initiative....at least to try to keep someone alive until help can arrive. Dreadful that people must stand around and have no idea how to help. I am assuming they would if they could.but I may be wrong

Think you're wrong. It's entertainment, too many reruns on TV.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

1. They have no clue what to do

2. They are worried if they try and it backfires, they will be held responsible
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

that genius wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:56 pm 1. They have no clue what to do

2. They are worried if they try and it backfires, they will be held responsible
Even the cops don’t know first aid. I saw a Turk-tuck get clobbered by a garbage truck a few years ago. Place was heaving with cops, Red shirts where in town, but all they did is pick up the injured and and bounce them up and down. Probably not the best “first aid” with people possibly having internal injuries.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Koh Kong: On February 8, at 1 pm, an unidentified foreign man on a big motorbike had a serious accident, colliding with a tourist minivan. The motorcyclist appears to have been seriously injured, but there is no further information. The accident occurred on National Road 4 on TaTai Bridge in Koh Kong.
Again, no source.
How hard is it?
What excuse do you have to not post the source?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Koh Kong: An accident occurred at Highway 48 between Km 136-137 in Boeung Choeun Village, Sangkat Smach Meanchey, Koh Kong Province on February 8, 2018 at 12:15 pm. An unidentified foreign man was taken to the provincial hospital.
The minivan and motorbike have been taken to the police station for investigation on the cause of the accident.
ImageImage
Does anyone know him ? He may need help.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

looks like he headbutted the windscreen. jammy bugger must have hit the only minibus that still has a laminated screen in it. Big question is who was on the wrong side of the road on the bend
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

pczz wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:08 pm looks like he headbutted the windscreen. jammy bugger must have hit the only minibus that still has a laminated screen in it. Big question is who was on the wrong side of the road on the bend
From my experience on every curvy road in Cambodia, including that same road a few weeks ago: the car.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

He looks like a tough boy. He also looks happy to be alive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic