where to buy a pumice stone in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
jimpson
Expatriate
Great Britain

where to buy a pumice stone in Phnom Penh

Post by jimpson »

I have a problem with an injury to the sole of my foot that requires regular scraping of the hard skin that forms and prohibits proper healing.
I have tried many pharmacies etc. looking to buy a pumice stone or the Dr. Scholl equivalent.
Does anyone have an idea where I might buy this other than my waiting until I go back to Europe in July?

Thanks in advance for any helpful answer
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: where to buy a pumice stone in Phnom Penh

Post by Duncan »

jimpson wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:47 pm I have a problem with an injury to the sole of my foot that requires regular scraping of the hard skin that forms and prohibits proper healing.
I have tried many pharmacies etc. looking to buy a pumice stone or the Dr. Scholl equivalent.
Does anyone have an idea where I might buy this other than my waiting until I go back to Europe in July?

Thanks in advance for any helpful answer
I use a 80 grit sand paper. Even after a year or more of getting it wet in the shower it's still perfectly OK, in-fact does the job better than pumice that I have used in the past.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

This doesn't answer your question, but, anyway . . . . . . . I have callouses on the balls of my feet which get very painful after awhile, so I carefully slice off the hard skin with a razor blade, then smooth it over with a piece of coarse sand paper.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Duncan wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:58 pm
jimpson wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:47 pm
Even after a year or more of getting it wet in the shower it's still perfectly OK, in-fact does the job better
eew TMI :stir:
i do not think pumice is very common because its not relaly a local material to Cambodia. If you go to a medical supplier or perhaps paharmacie de la gare you may find a chiropodists scraper
jimpson
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jimpson »

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

The xxxxxxx's at my work suggested letting my wife loose with an angle grinder!

I will try paharmacie de la gare to find a chiropodists scraper, failing that the wet and dry paper is a possibility.

To those at my work who suggested an angle grinder I will get retribution in time!
jimpson
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jimpson »

update on where to buy a pumice stone.

I went to Pharmacie du Gare and they referred me to the nearby Bayon Supermarket where I was able to buy a stone scraper similar in use to a pumice stone.

Thanks to all who helped.

James
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Try Pencil (Norodom) and Thai Hout (Monivong and BKK). If you've never been upstairs in the BKK Thai Hout, you've been missing a lot.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

jimpson wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:46 am update on where to buy a pumice stone.

I went to Pharmacie du Gare and they referred me to the nearby Bayon Supermarket where I was able to buy a stone scraper similar in use to a pumice stone.

Thanks to all who helped.

James
That is so weird. is it local or imported? Do you remember which section it was in?
jimpson
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jimpson »

The section in Bayon Supermarket that I found the pumice style scraper stone was in the area where they sold hygiene items like nail scrubbers, shower caps, etc.
The form was a rectangular shaped stone about 12cm long by 5 cm wide ribbed on one side and flat on the other side. Did the job OK though.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

A hungry rat will do it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic