Australian STEVE MORRISH Arrested in Phnom Penh for Breaking Japanese Man's Nose in Drunken Street Fight

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
expatintheboonies
Tourist
Lithuania

Re: Australian STEVE MORRISH Arrested in Phnom Penh for Breaking Japanese Man's Nose in Drunken Street Fight

Post by expatintheboonies »

angkorjohn wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:25 am Kinda funny this guy keeps getting into trouble when drunk considering his surname sounds like a drunk trying to say Morris
westerners in cambodia are allways in mischief
ever since the 90s
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Australian STEVE MORRISH Arrested in Phnom Penh for Breaking Japanese Man's Nose in Drunken Street Fight

Post by pczz »

Anyone know what happened? is he out? Did he have to pay the Japanese guy? Does compensation for a broken nose depend on the size of the nose?
PhnomRon
Expatriate

Post by PhnomRon »

He must be out, he's blogging about being the victim of cowardly anonymous online bullying over this. http://www.steve-morrish.com/social-med ... e-cowards/
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Now that I've read his self-named website I realise I have judged him prematurely. What an inspiration he is.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

PhnomRon wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:51 pm He must be out, he's blogging about being the victim of cowardly anonymous online bullying over this. http://www.steve-morrish.com/social-med ... e-cowards/
Yea, I agree with him. When we find them we should punch them in the nose.

Quote ] so lets all work together to find a solution to stop online cowards.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Duncan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:41 pm
PhnomRon wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:51 pm He must be out, he's blogging about being the victim of cowardly anonymous online bullying over this. http://www.steve-morrish.com/social-med ... e-cowards/
Yea, I agree with him. When we find them we should punch them in the nose.

Quote ] so lets all work together to find a solution to stop online cowards.
Be ready to provide your ID to CEO next time you log in !
Don't forget the water buffalo
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

His blog is awful, who would read it. He is on Twitter but has few followers. He is just a boring, angry ex copper.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

So why does he not explain his side of the story? is it cowardly to remain anonymous when the person concernd is big, has reputation for brining his posse along and likes punching and threatening people? I would call that common sense, no cowardice. Cowardice is turning up with all your mates. I would have thought
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Just a filthy rotten ex-piggie from the most notoriously corrupt force in Aus.

Never had the misfortune to meet him, but he aggressively opened his range rover door on me once as I rode a bike past.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

pczz wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:39 pm So why does he not explain his side of the story?
Because he prolly saw what the outcome was with GMB doing that...
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic