Siem Reap: 9 rooms guesthouse for rent

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
Palshturm
Tourist
Cambodia

Siem Reap: 9 rooms guesthouse for rent

Post by Palshturm »

Siem Reap
Rent building for business: guesthouse or mini-hotel. The building was built in 2014.
Previously guesthouse: "Snow River Guesthouse".
Inside: 9 rooms, kitchen, storage, a small veranda on the roof,
Outside: Parking, a small bar, lawn (you can expand the area for a restaurant or for a bar).
In each room: air conditioning, TV, refrigerator, hot water, bed, furniture. Also there is
some furniture in the bar and in the kitchen.
Located on the street Men's road (1.3 km from Pub street)
Contract: from 3 years
Price per month: 1200$ (negotiable)
Deposit: 3 months
The information is current from 01.02.2018
Contacts: mr. Chean, tel.: 015600376 or 093203460
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Siem Reap: 9 rooms guesthouse for rent

Post by pczz »

Furnished/ unfurnished, just pay the rent or expected to buy the business. 9 rooms at $20 a night is $180 a night =$3832 a month at 70% occupancy. Less rent =$2632.50. Deduct tax, staff, electric, water wear and tear, internet, cable tv. Doesn't leave much profit. Cambenomics
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Sorry I'm not a mathematician, but where does this figure come from "Less rent =$2632.50"? If rent is $1200 per month.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Username Taken wrote:Sorry I'm not a mathematician, but where does this figure come from "Less rent =$2632.50"? If rent is $1200 per month.
3832-1200=2632

Its tricky, I know.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Got it! :bow:

:beer3:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:54 pm Sorry I'm not a mathematician, but where does this figure come from "Less rent =$2632.50"? If rent is $1200 per month.
$3832 rental income per month at 70% occupancy less rent of $1200 a month = $2632 profit after deduction for rent but before other deduction or does that not add up right?
Costs to come off that $2632 is sign tax, patent tax, business registration, tourism license, staff, utilities, cctv for security, fire extinguishers, annual fire check. If the place is not furnished then you have to buy beds, linen, wardrobes, tv, routers, fridges, possibly hot showers and account for depreciation on that. If the owner want a purchase price for the business as well as the rent then that's got to be accounted for as well. 1 night security, 2 receptionist, 1 cleaner , electric could be anything from $30 to $100 a room depending on how much aircon customers use. Bi- annual cleaning of aircon etc (assuming its fitted). I would think you would be lucky to have $1500 a month left before tax but I have not tried running a guest house before so its mostly guesswork. Glad to be proved wrong I someone who has done it can work it out.

of course if you do it all under the table it might make more sense
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Now if you were to think of it just a room, and a place to live, especially if like a few talk on this forum of work on-line. Or a co-op of four people whom would rent a bar. So occupancy of four rooms. Then rent out four rooms for long term residents, what have been short in other areas just late. One room for cleaning staff, paid by the said four landlords. Restaurant could be rented out to Khmer. At least this may work and be cheap living.
But tomorrow is too late! The Chinese have moved in for on-line gambling.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:47 pm Now if you were to think of it just a room, and a place to live, especially if like a few talk on this forum of work on-line. Or a co-op of four people whom would rent a bar. So occupancy of four rooms. Then rent out four rooms for long term residents, what have been short in other areas just late. One room for cleaning staff, paid by the said four landlords. Restaurant could be rented out to Khmer. At least this may work and be cheap living.
But tomorrow is too late! The Chinese have moved in for on-line gambling.
Rent it for living in and airbnb makes more sense 1 room each $300 pays for the rent, no business to run or company to setup so rent on extra rooms is straight profit. But as aguest houseits cambenomics. I swear bling Khmer work out how much they could make from running the business excluding overheads and tax, add 10% and then want that for rent :facepalm:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Siem Reap
Rent building for business: guesthouse or mini-hotel. The building was built in 2014.

My big question is,,, What happened to the Snow River Guesthouse. If it was the lack of snow, that would answer the question of why it is no longer in business.

Look at the past history of a business and you will see a part of the future.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Duncan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:22 am Siem Reap

My big question is,,, What happened to the Snow River Guesthouse. If it was the lack of snow, that would answer the question of why it is no longer in business.

Look at the past history of a business and you will see a part of the future.
I believ a few Nigerians have been arrested recently importing snow...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic