Laundry

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Laundry

Post by pczz »

kennzo wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:50 pm
AndyKK wrote:
John Bingham wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:04 pm Just get a washing machine, save yourself all that expensive items going missing or getting destroyed nonsense . You can get a top-loader for less than $100.
Good idea John.

'Top-loader' you crack me up Andy :-)

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk
House over the road refurbs Japanese toploaders and freezers that arrive by the container load. hilarious watching the guy sitting on top poking power cables away from the lorry. They sell for $50 to $100 depending on age and condition. My mum reckoned top loaders cleaned much better but they use a bit more electric and water
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

pczz wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:07 pm
AndyKK wrote:
John Bingham wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:04 pm Just get a washing machine, save yourself all that expensive items going missing or getting destroyed nonsense . You can get a top-loader for less than $100.
Good idea John.

House over the road refurbs Japanese toploaders and freezers that arrive by the container load. hilarious watching the guy sitting on top poking power cables away from the lorry. They sell for $50 to $100 depending on age and condition. My mum reckoned top loaders cleaned much better but they use a bit more electric and water
Our mums just moved on with the times. Do you remember the mangles on the side of the early toploaders.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:03 pm
pczz wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:07 pm
AndyKK wrote:
Good idea John.

Our mums just moved on with the times. Do you remember the mangles on the side of the early toploaders.
Sadly I do. My mum had one. We also had the first freezer in the street and the neighbours used to use it. Mum would buy a whole lamb at a time. And no, I didn't live in a small village, this was central London in 19..... My dad refused to buy a colour tv because they were too expensive and tv used to go aoff at midnight and pubs used to shut at 10.30. Why do we all long for the good old days :facepalm:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I think it may have been 79 when we had colour tv.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 am I think it may have been 79 when we had colour tv.
I think we got hours the year after we won the world cup. I had to go to the other end of the street to find a colour tv to watch it on, and I left before the extra time! I also got dragged home by my ear by the local bobby for playing football in the street. When he got me home he said to my mum "is this yours Madam?". Police were so polite in those days
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic