Ex Services in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
charlie.jones
Tourist
Great Britain

Ex Services in Phnom Penh

Post by charlie.jones »

Hi
I’m Charlie and just arrived in Phnom Penh. In my recent past, I was a member of an informal gathering of ex service personnel in Thailand. It made my social life there much easier and more enjoyable.
Not trying to create a Legion branch or anything, just an informal gathering to pull up a sandbag, swing a lantern and tell a few dits.
If any one is interested, or if you happen to own a bar or resaurant that could host such a meeting, please get in touch on here.
Depending on the response, I will update this post as and when necessary.
I am ex army, not special forces, just an ordinary bloke who served. I would welcome interest from any nationality, as I’m sure we all have something in common, even if it is just a dry sense of humor.
Have at at it. :)

Feel free to post your thoughts on here or send a pm if you prefer.
Regards Charlie
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Ex Servises in Phnom Penh

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

charlie.jones wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:37 pm Hi
I’m Charlie and just arrived in Phnom Penh. In my recent past, I was a member of an informal gathering of ex service personnel in Thailand. It made my social life there much easier and more enjoyable.
Not trying to create a Legion branch or anything, just an informal gathering to pull up a sandbag, swing a lantern and tell a few dits.
If any one is interested, or if you happen to own a bar or resaurant that could host such a meeting, please get in touch on here.
Depending on the response, I will update this post as and when necessary.
I am ex army, not special forces, just an ordinary bloke who served. I would welcome interest from any nationality, as I’m sure we all have something in common, even if it is just a dry sense of humor.
Have at at it. :)

Feel free to post your thoughts on here or send a pm if you prefer.
Regards Charlie
Honest and nice post. You should have posted it in the "introduce yourself" thread. The reason why is that about 25% of barang fuckwits in PP claiming they are ex SAS, CIA, Mi6, DEA, you name it. Many James Bonds around too. So your thread title "Ex Services" will make many start scratching behind their ears... Furthermore welcome to PP, hope you got good responses! Regards.
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

My dad used to take me to the legion for bingo, strippers and cheap beer.....
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

pczz wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:04 pm My dad used to take me to the legion for bingo, strippers and cheap beer.....
Bingo...........................
Always "hope" but never "expect".
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Plenty of legit ex-services living in PP...plenty of Walt’s too, but they’re pretty easy to spot once they start spinning their bullshit war stories.

Let us know how ya go Charlie, I’d be keen :beer3:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Ex Services in Phnom Penh

Post by John Bingham »

There are loads of ex services guys here. I've never met one of these fabled fake soldiers.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic