to all u naysayers, the king is not dead,

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

to all u naysayers, the king is not dead,

Post by phuketrichard »

The army is still doing whats best for every thai yea yea, The army is saying what is best for the locals, so what? ( OD??) and as far as tourists goes,
fuck those that cant get the right visa,,, :plus1:
Yes at times you must make some controversial decisions but look at the big picture
His Majesty The King has endorsed a provisional charter that puts the chief of National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) in charge of national security, allowing him to suppress any action both inside and outside the Kingdom that could be considered a threat to national peace, security, economy or the monarchy.

Article 44 of the provisional Constitution stipulates that all orders from the junta chief, with the endorsement of the NCPO, on those matters are final.

The 2014 provisional Constitution, comprised of 48 Articles, stipulates that the NCPO will continue in its current status. Moreover, the junta chief or the PM can call a meeting with the NCPO and Cabinet to discuss issues related to national security. Article 48 of the provisional charter also gives the NCPO amnesty for its coup.

The charter stipulates that the 220 members of the National Legislative Assembly (NLA) would be selected by the NCPO and appointed by His Majesty. -
http://www.phuketgazette.net/thailand-n ... tion/31276
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: to all u naysayers, the knig is not dead,

Post by wackyjacky »

When it happens, how many months do you think it'll be until the public announcement ?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: to all u naysayers, the king is not dead,

Post by frank lee bent »

depends on how much ice they can make.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

with the military now firmly in control and the county under martial law
there will be no reason NOT to report his death;
PLUS the first 90 days there can be NOTHING done government wise or anything changed
The army has been busy rounding up hidden arms and arresting anyone an everyone connected with Thaksin/ high profile Red shirts and his business deals
so anyone trying to create discord is under surveillance or....

It was all about this if you read reports about the king an the succession ( prince+Thaksin+police ) vs army an those that love the monarchy

The ONLY group that are really upset about the coup are the police, as they are the ones that are losing all their illegal corruption income
Fuck them

Bring it on OD tell me how i only believe the yellow journalism while u from shv and inside info know what is going on. :plus1:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

I liked all the reports on the corruption-whacking, but I spent last weekend in Phi Phi, and at Phuket airport, the immigration officials were offering use of the VIP line for a 100 baht bribe! I've been to a lot of countries in Asia and have never seen that before, nor have I ever seen it in Thailand before!

I also noticed those illegal cab ranks were still around.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

that 100 baht is a real mind boggling bitch,
the claim it is NOT corruption ( yea right) but offer you you a fast track to avoid the long lines,
Army is aware of it and is working on stopping it

the illegal cab ranks are GONE (those on all public lands). there are a few around (one is down from my house) on private land

Did u make it to Surin or Nathorn beach?, fucking absolutely beautiful now without all,the shit they built on it.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

I'll START to believe it if they kill the Pattaya taxi/tuk tuk mafia AND the jetski scam.
It's about NOT REALLY being a democracy.
Imagine letting those ignorant water buffalos VOTE someone in, my GOD.
Maybe they're copying the u$a, you make it such a monsoon of fucktardery that NO ONE believes it's ANYTHING but a rigged game anymore and they stop voting. Meanwhile the monied interests ALL vote. And erm, employ their right to free speech by dumping tons of moolah into the "right" hands.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

His Majesty The King has endorsed a provisional charter that puts the chief of National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) in charge of national security, allowing him to suppress any action both inside and outside the Kingdom that could be considered a threat to national peace, security, economy or the monarchy.

Well, I hate to say it but the old man seems to have lost it altogether.The document somewhat pompously described as a "provisional charter" could get him and his boy group into serious trouble. Officially endorsing activities outside the borders of Thailand with a view to "suppress" action as described above is attesting to intent. Now if some Thai official would engage in some junta-endorsed action in, say, the European Union they are likely to break the law. Ok, we all know that this is nothing new for Thai officials, the government, and other representative bodies, targeted assassinations, serial killings, massacre etc are tested and established instruments of Thai government policy, no matter if yellow or red shirt. Thus, those charged with suppression cannot really be blamed if they fail to understand that the King's ok does not constitute a permit to commit crimes once these thugs operate outside the old man's realm.

Thailand is party to set of international treaties that are pretty specific of what can be done and what is illegal. But then this would not be the first military dictatorship that overextended. Let's hope we will see the day the men involved in this, all of them, will be tried for high treason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic