A Barang's Dilemma

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: A Barang's Dilemma

Post by AndyKK »

King Keil wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:21 pm No one with 10k wants to live in Cambodia.
If I had 10k per month I would have half a dozen cleaners :stir:
Take your pick and stop being a tight arse.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:16 pm
King Keil wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:21 pm No one with 10k wants to live in Cambodia.
^^This. I'd have a harem of "cleaners" if I was 60 something and making 10k a month. :plus1:
up2u
Tourist
Jamaica

Post by up2u »

This guy can't be serious--the o.p. Makes 8 grand, moves to the OuTskirts of PP and needs to ask forum land about tiny shiny. Not that it matters to me or anyone, but, why??here? not thailand? comoros?
she must a fell off a few branches then..
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

kptic wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:21 pm
^^This. I'd have a harem of "cleaners" if I was 60 something and making 10k a month. :plus1:
perhaps you could apply for a subsidy under the UN sponsored "Bad News Eradication Program"
Brewer
Expatriate

Post by Brewer »

kptic wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:21 pm
Me too. I'd have the cleanerest knob in Cambodia.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

that genius wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:15 am LOL, how does someone so dumb get $10K a month?

Maybe he should take out a huge insurance policy, tell her, and move to a 16th floor apartment.
I think he's trolling, his living conditions he describes are not commensurate with his budget. He is renting an un-serviced place and then attempts to get "services" on the cheap by attempting to combine the services of a hired housekeeper with that of a "rent girl". Sounds like a cashed up bogon to me or he is just exaggerating his available income.

He could get a fully equipped and serviced apartment with sauna, pool, gym and etc from about $500 and up a month, and a two bedroom apartment from around $800 and up. All cleaning and changing of linen etc. included in the monthly rent. If he doesn't want to cook there are plenty of good restaurants to go to in Phnom Penh. If he wants to add a girlfriend to the equation that's not difficult, there are plenty of upmarket clubs in Phnom Penh to find one, and on the other hand he could easily go to a bar and hire one by the day, week or month. :D
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Speak for yourself. Some people like it here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic