Ending Anemia in Cambodia with an Iron Fish. Will this work?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Ending Anemia in Cambodia with an Iron Fish. Will this w

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

OrangeDragon wrote:
thePeck wrote:green leafy vegetables
this is why i try to make sure i get 2-3 salads in a week.
I take iron tablets daily, just remember to take it with a glass of oj.
Using Tapatalk
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

She probably stir-fries with the skillet, which is a big no-no. Plus, you need to cure them. I might bring one back with me next time I go back west though. I also miss them.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

OrangeDragon wrote:
Mr Curious wrote:Guess y'all ain't heard about cast iron frying pans. Gave one to a Khmer friend, don't guess her family will have an iron deficit prob, she uses the hell out of it.
the ol man better stay in line tho :)
where did you get it? i'd kill to get my hands on a good one.
They stock them in Bayon Supermarket in the upstairs kitchen appliances section. Around $40 imported from the States. Not always in stock though. Also I saw some in Samudera in Snooky about a year ago. They were right at the back of the shop.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

OrangeDragon wrote:
Mr Curious wrote:Guess y'all ain't heard about cast iron frying pans. Gave one to a Khmer friend, don't guess her family will have an iron deficit prob, she uses the hell out of it.
the ol man better stay in line tho :)
where did you get it? i'd kill to get my hands on a good one.
oh she don't stir fry, she had it about an inch deep in oil with fish in it so you can bet it was seasoned to perfection. I was happy to see she sensed it's best value. I think it'll end up in her daughters hands.

I brung it with me one trip, din't wanna carry it out and the gal was a Mom with new baby so I gifted it to em. Them things cost an arm and a leg now. MIGHT have been one of my Granmas old ones. No idea, I still have a sweet 10 inch one and a couple small ones. Like one or two egg size. I'll bring at least one of em next time if someone wants em, not really good for stuff cept MIGHT be good to make a sweet buttery grilled cheese sammich. I could pick up larger but really, we're talking like 30 bux for a 10 incher. Dutch oven? I seen a Lodge priced at 75, but those you can put coals on top and bake biscuits in. I got a cheaper one, be good for chili and the like, Might bring IT too. Find something online and get back to me. They are hand me down pieces, that cast iron.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic