Very Cool

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Re: Very Cool

Post by kptic »

Gardiguy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:28 am
kptic wrote:
pczz wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:12 am
kptic wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:31 am
pczz wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:29 am

Blah blah and the americans treated American indians with utmost respect and the Australians show true honor to aborigines
You realize that the original 13 colonies plus Canada in it's entirety were conquered by the British, right? So, 50 people are in a room, you kill the first 13, but it is the other guy's fault for continuing the rampage that you started? Flawless logic there.
so if I wander into an American school using my constitutional right to bear arms and shoot 13 students and another person comes in and shoots the rest, he is totally innocent because I killed the first 13? makes sense in "right to bear arms and kill kids" kind of way
No, it means that if you live in a glass house, keep that in mind. No one has tyrannized the world more than the British Empire did.
Really? In ALL of the history of humanity, no one has ever terrorized the world as bad as the brits. Hyperbole much?
Not even a little hyperbole. In terms of duration and scale, the British Empire clearly stands out from the rest in terms of pain they caused others. The British rampaged across 6 out of the 7 continents for longer than there has been a United States.

The United States isn't far behind, and is catching up as quickly as it can, but I'm not defending the United States, I'm just telling any Englishman that they should think twice before hopping up on a high horse and criticizing other countries actions.
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

kptic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:15 am
Not even a little hyperbole. In terms of duration and scale, the British Empire clearly stands out from the rest in terms of pain they caused others. The British rampaged across 6 out of the 7 continents for longer than there has been a United States.

and all of it with just a flag!
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Moe wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:44 amCome now, Nigel. You lot have been at it far, far longer than we have and have actively participated in our actions throughout our short history for the most part. Aside from that, you're responsible for creating us, Darth Vadar.
Length of time they've been at it is meaningless when one looks at the results.

Murika is in a class of its own if you look at numbers of people murdered, govts toppled (hey! They interfered in our election, sob sob!) countries invaded, resources stolen, damage to the environment done (but give China credit, they're trying hard in this category)

https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-has-ki ... ii/5492051

If we only include states from date of unity, then the US is way ahead, I think.
vm varga
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by vm varga »

Holy fuck, what happened to my thread?

If I had known that it would devolve into some tired pissing contest between poms, bogans, septics and some dipshit, failure at life saffer, then I never would have posted in the first place.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"Holy fuck, what happened to my thread?"

It turned into what really killed 440. Too many opinionated, deluded fools jockeying for 1st place on the soapbox. SNAFU
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

taabarang wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:20 am "Holy fuck, what happened to my thread?"

It turned into what really killed 440. Too many opinionated, deluded fools jockeying for 1st place on the soapbox. SNAFU
it turned into a discussion (what forums are about :wink: )
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

vm varga wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:41 am Holy fuck, what happened to my thread?

If I had known that it would devolve into some tired pissing contest between poms, bogans, septics and some dipshit, failure at life saffer, then I never would have posted in the first place.
What did you think was going to happen when you posted a video about an inspirational story about a Khmer in the USA... :stir:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

kptic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:15 am
Gardiguy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:28 am
kptic wrote:
pczz wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:12 am
kptic wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:31 am

You realize that the original 13 colonies plus Canada in it's entirety were conquered by the British, right? So, 50 people are in a room, you kill the first 13, but it is the other guy's fault for continuing the rampage that you started? Flawless logic there.
so if I wander into an American school using my constitutional right to bear arms and shoot 13 students and another person comes in and shoots the rest, he is totally innocent because I killed the first 13? makes sense in "right to bear arms and kill kids" kind of way
No, it means that if you live in a glass house, keep that in mind. No one has tyrannized the world more than the British Empire did.
Really? In ALL of the history of humanity, no one has ever terrorized the world as bad as the brits. Hyperbole much?

The United States isn't far behind, and is catching up as quickly as it can, but I'm not defending the United States, I'm just telling any Englishman that they should think twice before hopping up on a high horse and criticizing other countries actions.
It was not you and I. Look to the leaders of the countries.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic