interetsing about one of the founding members here

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Re: interetsing about one of the founding members here

Post by Milord »

I suspect that if a sale was not imminent, that post would/could have turned into a "burning cross ceremony".
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

OP could of simply PM the poster and tell him about it, but I dont know why he chose to post it in public. I still owed you 30 bucks by the way OD from 2 years ago :D
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:Actually its worth saying a well played scobienz who handled it very well and even showed a bit of class.

Come back bendix all is forgiven.
Hahaha. :beer2:
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

flying chicken wrote:OP could of simply PM the poster and tell him about it, but I dont know why he chose to post it in public. I still owed you 30 bucks by the way OD from 2 years ago :D
He couldn't PM me over there, as the account is deleted, and didn't know over here existed. Once they sent him this way he did PM me here and I saw that before even knowing about that post, lol. Either way, it's sorted out and not a big deal.

Instead of that 30 you should arrange a tuktuk advertiser for me with a prime location in SR to run one of our ads for 6 months. I can wing the money for the tuktuk and printing, and you can call the 30 a brokers fee. ;-)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Honestly I probably would have done the same. Guy doesn't reply to your emails or pms for several months... It's not a small amount, what recourse did he have? Contact mutual friends is the only other options I can think of. And he didn't seem aggressive in his OP. Mainly just trying to find out what's going on.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

OrangeDragon wrote:
flying chicken wrote:OP could of simply PM the poster and tell him about it, but I dont know why he chose to post it in public. I still owed you 30 bucks by the way OD from 2 years ago :D
He couldn't PM me over there, as the account is deleted, and didn't know over here existed. Once they sent him this way he did PM me here and I saw that before even knowing about that post, lol. Either way, it's sorted out and not a big deal.

Instead of that 30 you should arrange a tuktuk advertiser for me with a prime location in SR to run one of our ads for 6 months. I can wing the money for the tuktuk and printing, and you can call the 30 a brokers fee. ;-)
I was referring to PhucketRichard. Yea if you cover the printing cost, will glad to pay the ad on a tuk tuk for a good YEAR. Will get to it at the end of August.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Honestly I probably would have done the same. Guy doesn't reply to your emails or pms for several months... It's not a small amount, what recourse did he have? Contact mutual friends is the only other options I can think of. And he didn't seem aggressive in his OP. Mainly just trying to find out what's going on.
I agree, and not at all bothered by it really. No one over there added anything to it other than information really. The outing of using my real name mixed with my username I'm not a huge fan of, just on a policy basis, but for me I'm a pretty public guy anyway so it's not a huge deal.
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by 4000islandsguy »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Honestly I probably would have done the same. Guy doesn't reply to your emails or pms for several months... It's not a small amount, what recourse did he have? Contact mutual friends is the only other options I can think of. And he didn't seem aggressive in his OP. Mainly just trying to find out what's going on.
He could have just made an announcement asking for OD to contact him. There was no need to go into specifics about any of the details on a public forum. It was a call out thread but it has been settled so who gives a shit?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

4000islandsguy wrote:He could have just made an announcement asking for OD to contact him. There was no need to go into specifics about any of the details on a public forum.
Yes, precisely - he was out to damage OD's reputation, regardless of OD cooling the issue here.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Well he Coe have done that but again, after several months, one would assume the worst... A runner. If someone who owed me money suddenly stopped replying to me I'd assume the guy was avoiding me. Anyways, OD doesn't seem to care much and the matter seems to have been settled. The guy even mentioned it being close to resolved in the original thread.

As an aside, I've also had several weird email incidents in the last (and also several weird SMS incidents where I don't get messages that were clearly sent by people and vice versa).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic