NEW TOYS! CEO is upgrading!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: NEW TOYS! CEO is upgrading!

Post by walkjivefly »

OrangeDragon wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
walkjivefly wrote:
Am I the only one rolling my eyes and having a bit of a chuckle at the slight hypocrisy here?
LoL, yes, you are likely the only one.

That's practically his username, as it's literally some random dude in India.

Do us a favor, WalkJiveFly, and see how far you get googling this individual "Rick."

Anything? Facebook profile? Nothing, I'm guessing...

So no, ZERO hypocrisy going on here, I think you must be getting confused about the situation at hand.

So commenting about a guy named "Rick" in India that works in IT is FAR from outing anyone, LoL.
I think he means the hypocrisy of me calling him out for being useless when I had been the one useless on Saturday... but we didn't have any scheduled appointment or anything, it was just a "contact us when you're ready" thing. Username Taken and I were just having a gag over it. And calling him Rick, his "support name", amuses me. He's previously made problems for us when I asked him to make a simple DNS edit and he tried to copy the entire site to a whole new server configuration. Every time I hit their support I cringe when I see his user name pop up. The other guys are all really helpful... he'd a nimwit.
Nah, the general interpreted it right. I don't know where the forum was or is hosted and I don't care. If I could be bothered to spend the time with Google I could probably (have) work(ed) it out and maybe it'd be a one man band or small company where it would be possible to identify the individual. Posters here get told off for using real names when referring to others here or elsewhere. Google would work as well in those cases as this one.

But OK, it's just me. I'm feeling a bit confrontational this afternoon.

PS. When did the DNS change happen? Could the address changing be why Tapatalk died during my first attempt at this reply?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

OrangeDragon wrote:Woohoo... posting from the new server! Looks like it's all good for the DNS switch!
YaY! Christmas came early after all! !

:Yahoo!:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

holy crap this is fast.... like... really really fast.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

if anyone would like to test it, i've got it set as the default site of the server for now so it can be reached by the IP at http://108.166.183.28/

I have updated the DNS, but it will take a while to propagate (up to 72 hours).
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

Did some of the avatars stay on the old server, haha? I noticed that a few of them are not shown anymore, I see only a '?'. For example: Joon, SC and LTO's are gone. And yes, I'm a IT-nitwit.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

weird... i see LTO's fine. From both URLs. Anyone else?

Edit: just checked and I see them all.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

OrangeDragon wrote:weird... i see LTO's fine. From both URLs. Anyone else?

Edit: just checked and I see them all.
Min is gone too... vlad's I can't see......
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

are you accessing it by the number address I posted here, or by the regular one?
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

OrangeDragon wrote:are you accessing it by the number address I posted here, or by the regular one?
regular one; tried the number address and saw mine, Joon's and LTO's avatar, I assume I can see the rest as well.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I can see everyone's.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic