Latest position on 1yr visa?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Latest position on 1yr visa?

Post by superferret »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:07 am
timmydownawell wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:40 pm
Arget wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:27 pm So no strings attached i.e. wp, letter from employer etc
How did you apply?
Just feeling it out for now. As I said it "seems cheap" so I wonder what the catch is. And yes it's supposedly a 12 month ME business visa. Could well be a case of "if something seems too good to be true...' yet.
Think the Veitnam have seen the problems with other countries. Made the visa to suit. USA cheapest. China's most expensive.
Vietnam visas are actually cheaper now than Cambodia in almost all cases. It used to be the other way around.
I think it's a better country - that is, if you can stand it, which I can't - it's not open to foreigners like Cambodia and everything there is so chaotic, especially the traffic, people try to take advantage of you much more cut throat than Cambodians. Good luck, get back to us what you think of it.
kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by kennzo »

So in conclusion to my original post, today I collected my 1yr visa, I'm ready for buying PSD Kiwi that beer when he names the place!

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

www.kenedgar.com
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

kennzo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:13 pm So in conclusion to my original post, today I collected my 1yr visa, I'm ready for buying PSD Kiwi that beer when he names the place!

for cambodia.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

kennzo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:13 pm So in conclusion to my original post, today I collected my 1yr visa, I'm ready for buying PSD Kiwi that beer when he names the place!

Glad to hear it all worked out bro :beer3:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:07 am
timmydownawell wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:40 pm
Arget wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:27 pm So no strings attached i.e. wp, letter from employer etc
How did you apply?
Just feeling it out for now. As I said it "seems cheap" so I wonder what the catch is. And yes it's supposedly a 12 month ME business visa. Could well be a case of "if something seems too good to be true...' yet.
Think the Veitnam have seen the problems with other countries. Made the visa to suit. USA cheapest. China's most expensive.
need to keep quiet about this. If everyone in kampot and shanghaivilel move it will put the rents up :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic