Tourist held in police station for marijuana doesn't believe they are real cops

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Tourist held in police station for marijuana doesn't believe they are real cops

Post by frank lee bent »

blame Nixon
teakman
Tourist
Canada

Re: Tourist held in police station for marijuana doesn't believe they are real cops

Post by teakman »

sigmoid wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:53 am Thailand used to be a fairly weed-friendly country back in the 90's.

That changed when Thaksin, who was a copper back in the 80's, became PM and initiated a "War on (some) Drugs". Although the focus was on "ya ba" aka "ya ma", possession of cannabis became a lot riskier.
"bud" friendly back then is a joke! even in the '80's on koh samui, the cops would make early morning raids on places known to have smokers and make a nice bundle of cash and bud which would go back on the market and start the show over again. even bkk's first backpacker area(soi sri bun phen),the guest houses would often get raided in the early hours. if you had a reliable source then no problems but still be worry of neighbours ratting you out. when I started getting hash in the early '90's,i didn't worry much as the smell was mostly unfamiliar. there was always paranoia buying/smoking unlike here.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Barang chgout wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:07 am Asia is full of snatch.
FTFY.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Snitch ? I agree ! Even the French who tried to hide in the jungle last week was caught because of retarded farmers telling the cops.
I would never involve and trust an Asian if doing an illegal business. They all are pretending to be men when they just all are female shitting in their pants when seeing their own shadow...
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

cannabistourist wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:20 am
I would never involve and trust an Asian if doing an illegal business. They all are pretending to be men when they just all are female shitting in their pants when seeing their own shadow...
Not even a respected Oyabun of the Yamaguchi-gumi. :shock: :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic