Building in Kep.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Building in Kep.

Post by Arget »

If a high level person from any ruling party wants something or there is easy money involved for facilitating a purchase by a member of Asia's largest populated nation then it would happen.

Just a guess...................
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

All is going well. Just not so much to update at the moment. They're still working on the roofs.
ImageImage
Updated some pictures here also: https://kepvilla.smugmug.com/
just noise, white noise
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

First time I had to stop the building works today. The one day the the site manager was not here they decided start building the foundations of the carpark almost against the fence and planning to even dig over the fence (see red spray markings)! Luckily I went to check the site this afternoon, immediately called the architects and site manager in a mild panic (thinking I oversaw this in the building plans) but they assured me it isn't supposed to be like this and it will be adjusted.
ImageImage
just noise, white noise
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

All is good now, the builders on site apparently still had some old plans and didn't question why they had to dig for foundations over my property line :facepalm:
just noise, white noise
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Will still keep updating this post btw but had some serious problems with the roof last week. I didn't notice it myself but my architects saw it wasn't straight on the edges so they're re-doing it now, will update pictures next week.
just noise, white noise
Honey69
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by Honey69 »

I hope you keep on posting. You have a great style what makes very enjoyable to read. Thank you and keep up good work!
"please keep the personal squabbling and name calling to a minimum. we do not want it here. use the ignore function if you are unable to contain your animosities in debate."
--- frank lee bent ---
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Looking forward to updates :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by kennzo »

A thoroughly enjoyable post to read, continued good luck with the build WR

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

www.kenedgar.com
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

After having some problems with the one of the roofs, they are now fixed and almost ready to be finished. Then they can start building some walls. Roof tiles for the work house arrived last week as well. And they started on the carpark. New gate at a different location will be added later.
ImageImageImageImage
More pictures here: https://kepvilla.smugmug.com/
just noise, white noise
moni_mon
Tourist
Poland

Post by moni_mon »

@whiteribbon

Could you please send me the details of this company that was building your house? I would appreciate it a lot! thanks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic