NEW TOYS! CEO is upgrading!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Dara
Expatriate

Re: NEW TOYS! CEO is upgrading!

Post by Dara »

oh oh
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Username Taken wrote:^^ Yes, but on Sat morning, it was Rick saying

Well... fucking Dragon....

... he's fucking useless.

:dragonchase: :plus1:
No, Rick couldn't give a shit. He's a waster. Part of the reason I'm moving to this server... so I'm in control of it.

And no general, we're not on it yet. I'm going to lock the forums for about 15-20 min and give it another go.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

OrangeDragon wrote: I'm going to lock the forums for about 15-20 min and give it another go.
What will I do? Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Wohooooo we're on the new server. Well, the database is at least.

That's the only part of the migration that will cause you guys any inconvenience... thanks for the patience. And screw Rick, I did it without him.
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

OrangeDragon wrote:

No, Rick couldn't give a shit. He's a waster. Part of the reason I'm moving to this server... so I'm in control of it.
Am I the only one rolling my eyes and having a bit of a chuckle at the slight hypocrisy here? In the gentleman's agreement thread posters are told off for naming names yet here's an admin slagging off a service provider by name.

I'm not criticising really, just find it amusing. On the whole I'm a supporter of naming and shaming the guilty, useless or just plain stupid.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

walkjivefly wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:

Am I the only one rolling my eyes and having a bit of a chuckle at the slight hypocrisy here? In the gentleman's agreement thread posters are told off for naming names yet here's an admin slagging off a service provider by name.

I'm not criticising really, just find it amusing. On the whole I'm a supporter of naming and shaming the guilty, useless or just plain stupid.
Nah, service providers are fair game in the industry - they're the bankers and lawyers of the Internet world.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

walkjivefly wrote:
Am I the only one rolling my eyes and having a bit of a chuckle at the slight hypocrisy here?
LoL, yes, you are likely the only one.

That's practically his username, as it's literally some random dude in India.

Do us a favor, WalkJiveFly, and see how far you get googling this individual "Rick."

Anything? Facebook profile? Nothing, I'm guessing...

So no, ZERO hypocrisy going on here, I think you must be getting confused about the situation at hand.

So commenting about a guy named "Rick" in India that works in IT is FAR from outing anyone, LoL.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

General Mackevili wrote:
walkjivefly wrote:
Am I the only one rolling my eyes and having a bit of a chuckle at the slight hypocrisy here?
LoL, yes, you are likely the only one.

That's practically his username, as it's literally some random dude in India.

Do us a favor, WalkJiveFly, and see how far you get googling this individual "Rick."

Anything? Facebook profile? Nothing, I'm guessing...

So no, ZERO hypocrisy going on here, I think you must be getting confused about the situation at hand.

So commenting about a guy named "Rick" in India that works in IT is FAR from outing anyone, LoL.
I think he means the hypocrisy of me calling him out for being useless when I had been the one useless on Saturday... but we didn't have any scheduled appointment or anything, it was just a "contact us when you're ready" thing. Username Taken and I were just having a gag over it. And calling him Rick, his "support name", amuses me. He's previously made problems for us when I asked him to make a simple DNS edit and he tried to copy the entire site to a whole new server configuration. Every time I hit their support I cringe when I see his user name pop up. The other guys are all really helpful... he'd a nimwit.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:Do us a favor, WalkJiveFly, and see how far you get googling this individual "Rick."
A clear opportunity for rickrolling here but I'm getting too lazy... anyone else?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Woohoo... posting from the new server! Looks like it's all good for the DNS switch!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic